New aquaponics grower

SAMtheAPman

Hello all. Just a quick intro. As per my forum name and thread title, I'm into aquaponics. Have had a system up and running for over four years but this is the first season for any MJ. Girlfriend is sick (chronic +10yrs and not getting better) so need to get a regular supply of medicine. Have purchased and been given RSO but can't really get any info about the strains used and it isn't a secure/regular hook up (and the purchased stuff is too expensive) so have decided to grow my own.

Now I know that people will say that aquaponics isn't great for growing MJ but I'm not an AP purist so have modified my setup slightly into something called dual root zone. A regular AP system gives great leafy growth, and then the dual root zone mod allows the application of additional nutrients (phosphorus, etc) that would usually mess with the fish/water quality.

I'm still going as organic as possible. Actually the only non-certified organic input is the fish food because it just isn't available here.

Got a few seeds sprouted and on their way and am waiting on a few more. Am hoping be to get some photos and a journal up in the near future.

Been growing veggies, etc for years so hopefully that knowledge can be used in the MJ grow.

Sam :peace:

:welcome: SAMtheAPman! You've joined a site & community to which no other comes even close! I have no knowledge of your grow style (I'm learning soil)... but feel free to ask any questions you may have... someone here will be happy to help you. You will find a few helpful links at the bottom of this page. Good luck~! :peace:

Thanks for the welcome (and PM) BEATEO. I'll be doing a few soil plants as well because there's not enough room for everything in the aquaponics beds. Will be interesting to see how both styles compare, but the only problem is they're going to be different strains so not a good test.

Welcome SamtheAPman. ..

Like you have noticed an others have said this site is full of information and people who are willing to help out.

Feel free to stop by my journal anytime... In week 6 flowering things getting real fun now

Back
Top Bottom