Hello from Montana!

BLC Bud

BLC Bud here checking in. Present and accounted for, thank you very much!!!

So I'm a happily married 58 year old man living in the beautiful state of Montana. It's pretty green here these days, with the decent medical plan Montana has in place now and with move improvements coming in the following months. I guess it's a vast improvement from a few years back.

Patients are coming forward and no longer living in fear of Johnny Law. The State believes that marijuana in the state is best kept "manageable" by having a medical registry and allowing us to be responsible residents.

Still, the flood gates have been opened and there is no stopping the tide! By knowing who the "patients" are and especially those who are their own "provider", (a patient who can legally have four adult plants and twelve "seedlings", and an ounce in possession, in Montana), the State feels that all the legally grown weed is better managed by those who are on record as to having and growing it verses illegally brought in or grown under the radar by who knows who. With the thinking that it's just easier to comply by the generous rules than break the law and risk prosecution.

I actually think that given the circumstances it is the next best thing to decriminalization. If you ask me, it still all boils down to the all mighty dollar. Can you blame the government for wanting to be in on the action? Until prohibition is abolished perhaps Montana's medical marijuana program is as good as it gets, for now.

I still have many questions that have no answer, like, "As a provider, I know I can "provide" for three other medical card holders who do not want to grow their own medicine, but am I allowed to sell clones or seeds to those residents in need, who want to grow their own but need some resources and guidance?" (Those with a "provider" status) Or, "Can I advertise that I can grow your medicine for you?"

I guess in time I will have these answers and certainly put it out for others who may be asking the same things. And by all means if you can answer these questions, please do so!

Thanks, BLC Bud

Back
Top Bottom