Hello from MostlyCrazy!

whats goin on all, i haven't properly introduced myself, but im grownavy (yes i'm a squid) lol, GN for short it's good to be here in a warm friendly forum, look forward to bugging u all to death with questions, and answering where I've made mistakes and corrected them. lol

whats goin on all, i haven't properly introduced myself, but im grownavy (yes i'm a squid) lol, GN for short it's good to be here in a warm friendly forum, look forward to bugging u all to death with questions, and answering where I've made mistakes and corrected them. lol

My youngest brother did 17 years before a medical discharge, glad to have you aboard!

He's been out for a few years now. It was a trip when I heard my younger brother was retiring. I doubt I'll ever be able to retire!

hats off to your younger brother, it's really tough being in and dealing with all the people that are there. you'd be surprised what your tax dollars pay for though!! lol

hats off to your younger brother, it's really tough being in and dealing with all the people that are there. you'd be surprised what your tax dollars pay for though!! lol

No kidding! My other brother did 20 years in the National Guard, and my son has done two tours in Iraq (Army Reserve), that's how I got both of my dogs, he'd ask me to watch them while he was gone.

But myself, well I graduated high school in 1972, not a good year to join the military, Viet Nam and all. Plus I had a number of scholarship offers, that's what paid for college the first time. That's also why I walk with a bit of a limp, got my new knee 5 years ago.

wow, now that's an experience. i take my hat off to all of u war vets (including myself) alot of people don't take it serious anymore. it's like high school on water now. Lmao

Graduated in '72 also! Had scholarship to college and remember sitting in the student union and watching my draft number get drawn. 301!!! Whoppee! No Viet Nam for me. Lots of guys had their bags packed as they were watching the draft number being drawn. My son did 5 years in AF and 8 years in guard. He was a satilite tech so he was in the rear with the gear.

Graduated in '72 also! Had scholarship to college and remember sitting in the student union and watching my draft number get drawn. 301!!! Whoppee! No Viet Nam for me. Lots of guys had their bags packed as they were watching the draft number being drawn. My son did 5 years in AF and 8 years in guard. He was a satilite tech so he was in the rear with the gear.

My number was 17, but of course our year was the year they stopped the draft, no one taken at all. I mean you want to talk close! But for some reason I didn't worry, I did have a bum knee already, wrestling sophomore year. Football blew it out. I finished it off skiing up here.

My kid was on a PSD, personal security detail, for a couple of generals, manned the 240B on the rear Humvee. He saw more ied's than I care to talk about. It was such a trip, we'd talk several times a week on his cell. I hated it when I'd call him and he'd say he couldn't talk, they were going on a mission. Those were the worst times for me, waiting for him to call me back. Last Memorial Day weekend was a real trip, we sat out in my garage as it was raining and we got totally drunk. He told me about his tours, you don't want any details. FUCK war! Sorry, a little emotional here.

But that's over now, he's still in the reserves, it really seems to fit him. but now he's in satellite imaging which they do real time right in Denver, keep his ass here where he belongs!

What sport did you play MC?

Back
Top Bottom