Help all - My seedling sprouted & died

macy1184

i grew my first plant last month and omg it opened my eyes on alot, so i now want to grow but the right way.. now im sprouting seeds and then from there they die and its really becoming frustrating!! please help me! what am i doing wrong besides bagseed?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Re: help all my seedling sprout and die

Just a guess, but i see so often the number one cause of most beginners woes is Overwatering. The difference between moist and wet is not so obvious at first. Give seedlings wet instead of moist is usually fatal. Poor little tap roots simply drown.

One very important part of this process is getting the soil moist 'before' the planting takes place. Use a mister mister, or missus, to moisten the soil and a stick to mix the soil up, the top couple inches. Mix it up till its moist, not wet,, if it shines, its wet.

Then plant the seed or sprout into the moist soil and only occasional misting of the top of the soil is needed till it is an inch high or so. Get a mister, spray bottle, pls

Just a guess, but i see so often the number one cause of most beginners woes is Overwatering. The difference between moist and wet is not so obvious at first. Give seedlings wet instead of moist is usually fatal. Poor little tap roots simply drown.

One very important part of this process is getting the soil moist 'before' the planting takes place. Use a mister mister, or missus, to moisten the soil and a stick to mix the soil up, the top couple inches. Mix it up till its moist, not wet,, if it shines, its wet.

Then plant the seed or sprout into the moist soil and only occasional misting of the top of the soil is needed till it is an inch high or so. Get a mister, spray bottle, pls

ok sound inspiring and educational.. does it matter if im growin in cocoa and organic soil ? i see it most growing in cocoa water everyday. maybe its my medium!

Perhaps a bit more info on your process might be helpful, as in soil type etc,, cheers

Hi Macy,
The fastest way to get help is to start a journal, that would provide the information to perhaps zero in on your problem.
If you follow this link and give us some basic info I'm sure somebody will be able to help you get through this issue.

How to Make a Grow Journal

Give it a try.:thumb:

Hi Macy,
The fastest way to get help is to start a journal, that would provide the information to perhaps zero in on your problem.
If you follow this link and give us some basic info I'm sure somebody will be able to help you get through this issue.

How to Make a Grow Journal

Give it a try.:thumb:

Imo, starting and maintaining a journal is a commitment, and work. One must be committed, or have been committed, or be committed to being committed, imo

:volcano-smiley:

Coco can be watered every day once the plant is large and has a good root system. When plants are small they have to be babied as Nivek said - they can absolutely be overwatered in coco same as almost every other medium.

Imo, starting and maintaining a journal is a commitment, and work. One must be committed, or have been committed, or be committed to being committed, imo

:volcano-smiley:

Roger that Nivek.

So Macy, are you committed:laughtwo:

Perhaps a bit more info on your process might be helpful, as in soil type etc,, cheers

sorry about the delay in responce. thank u so much for the interest and the willingness to help... today i decided to get back to the basics ( mine anyway) and drop the coco an get back to soil until i get that down.. i got some kelloggs all natural organic potting mix..im running a mars hydro reflector 48.. 26" from top of canopy. bagseed (i know thats part of the problem..)

Coco can be watered every day once the plant is large and has a good root system. When plants are small they have to be babied as Nivek said - they can absolutely be overwatered in coco same as almost every other medium.

thank u so much for the info

Back
Top Bottom