Help all the way around!

Tnt7800

So, i been growing for a while now; but i recent inform that fan leaves bring light to new growth? sort of like solar panels.
I've never heard this I always pull them want new growth is formed to let focus on this, i presumed it was just take up UNNEEDED energy to old leaves.

What is your grower's opinion>?

Fan leaves are good. They do photosynthesis and indicate general health of the plant. I only pluck them at the end of a grow, if they don't fall off.

My opinion....

If light is sufficiently shining on a leaf, it is producing energy for a plant to grow. If the leaf is shaded, it is doing nothing except robbing energy from the plant.

There is a point, to where the plant will sacrifice leaves at the bottom. This is natures way to conserve energy.

I will take leaves that are shaded, or covering a flower sight after flowering starts. The rest I leave.

Some methods require leaf/branch removal, like main-lining or quad-lining. Those actions are specific to those methods.

This is my opinion only.

I agree they are necessary and should be clipped if the are blocking light BUT

My last grow I tried to keep as much as I could. I feel my harvest suffered a little cause any buds below my fan leaves turned out thin even a few inches below.
I think timing is part of it. I’m experimenting with that. Here’s is a look at my last harvest. You can decide.

Back
Top Bottom