Help - First Grow - Cripsy Plants (Photos)

Mayjor

Hi guys, just registered here today after months of looking around. Forgive me if this is the wrong place to post this but here is my first grow. A couple of the plants kinda touched the light and im wondering if thats the cause for them being kinda dry and crispy? Are they possible to shake back? Am i using too much light (if possible)? Anything will be helpful. The specs of the box (mini-fridge) are: 4x 23 watt 6000k CFLS and 2x 23 watt 2700k bulbs with a 6 inch fan idk the cfm for the exhaust. Passive intake. The seedlings are maybe a week and a half or 2 out of germination. I have them in Miracle Grow potting mix with the time released plant food as this is my first time and wouldnt want to try to use nutes just yet. I plan on switching to 6x 2700k bulbs for flowering. Again, any info on this could be helpful. Heres a pic of all of the plants. The first 3 are the ones with the burns (i think) on them. Thanks guys.

IMG_107911.jpg

IMG_10789.jpg

IMG_10777.jpg

IMG_107212.jpg

IMG_107112.jpg

IMG_10757.jpg

Looks like you burnt them, was it only seedlings under the front two bulbs in a V shape? The top plant looks like it could survive, it has good looking seed leafs that will help it grow a leaf or two, but the other two look like goners but you never know. Move them down a bit if you haven't already, if you can feel any heat on the back of you hand at there height your too close.

Your probably get people tell you it's nute burn from that soil but i doubt it.

ya the seedlings were actually very close to the bulbs as i had them sitting on top of something. I forgot they lean toward the light after a while and the ended up touching them overnight im guessing. I moved all the plants down a little bit. They are exactly where they are sitting in the second to last picture now.

Yeah, fluoros run pretty cool, but if the leaves touch the bulb it will burn them. Cannabis is a tough plant! They put up with a lot from us...you'll have to just wait and see whether or not they make a full recovery!

It's hard to have too much light...in fact it's almost impossible as long as there is enough water, nutrients and CO2...what will do you in is heat from the lights!

I would really recommend ditching the Miracle-Gro soil...it's just going to cause problems later. If you want a CRF take a look into Osmocote Plus...just don't try to use it in that soil: Osmocote Plus Plant Food - discuss its use with Cannabis here!

:Namaste:

Thanks alot man...when would be a good time to switch them to the OC...do u recommend leaching them first or should i just do a regular transplant...what kind of soil should i use with the OC? Organic? Sorry for the barrage i just want to do this right

If you are going to use OC+ I know it's long, but I would recommend you try to go through as much of the thread as you can...there's lots of info inserted along the way from people's experiences with it. Osmocote Plus (make sure you get the 'Plus'...) is not some crap, timed release fertilizer, it's a very high quality product that can grow some truly great plants. :thumb:

You have a little while before a transplant...once the plant really starts growing and has a few nodes. As far as leaching/flushing there's not a lot of soil there so I doubt it would matter mech either way. Any quality potting soil that drains well will work, just make sure it doesn't have any timed release fertilizers in it. You might want to add a little extra perlite for drainage. I would incorporate the OC+ into the new soil when you transplant.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom