Help! i need to fix my vape

dfw-guy

I have a fuji vaporizer (the volcano knockoff) and it does not heat up anymore. I don't have a multimeter to test the board but everything seems to be working fine. I'm pretty sure the heating element is burnt out because its all warped on the top. Here's a pic.
photo8s.jpg

Does anyone know what this is called or where to get one??? If you can help me fix this you'll be saving me a lot of money! I've been looking all over google w/ the search terms "ceramic heating element" and other variants but I cant seem to find anything.

Ok I found the answer to my problem. I'm not deleting this thread in case someone else needs the answer. The heating element is called a Cartridge Heater. Good quality aluminum ones cost about $30 and can easily be found through a google search. The one I needed is 1/4" diameter 1 1/4 in length 120V 40W.

hey i'm running into the same problem that you have... can you send me a link to the site where i can pick up the cartridge or is there a particular store you can find it at?.... homedepot?

hey howd you fix your fuji vaporizer like whatd the cartridge do when you replaced it?

i bought mine 2 days ago and the fan, the bag doesnt fill up, doesnt make noise or any sound that it is working.

i think its the same problem you ran into but not sure....

PM me back if you have a solution..

thank you

EDIT to my earlier post. The specifications for the cartridge heater are 3/8" diameter, 1 1/4-1/2" length, 120V AC, 40watt.

The vaporizer has a pump in it, thats what pushes air into the bag. If it's not making any noise then it may be broken. If you have some electronic skills then go ahead and open it up and get a closer look. The warranty doesn't mean anything since the company seems to be fake lol. No but really its just some random china thing and I haven't found any links to the company w/ google searches.

Cartridge heaters are kind of difficult to obtain since they are mostly needed for industrial purposes. Here is a link to one of the many sellers on the internet. They have the right size, length, and voltage available but not the correct wattage. The fuji comes with a crappy 40watt ceramic cartridge heater. They sell 30 and 50 watt. I would definitely go with the 50 watt, you just won't need to turn it up as much to get the correct heat. The part number is CIR-2018/120V.

be careful taking it apart, it's kinda tricky. First you screw off the white clay cap that's on the top. Then take out the 4 small screws on the bottom. Do not loosen the big center screw. You should be able to figure it out from there.

Hey guys, I also have the fuji vap and was wondering if you could help. It seems to heat up fine but it takes forever for the bag to fill up. I think it might be the fan?

What should I do. It turns on and heats up but takes forever to fill the bag..

Any help would be amazing.

Thanks guys..

hey bleepblop.. I just took apart the pump in my fuji & it's a simple design.. the only thing I could see going wrong is for the gasket or an o-ring to fail allowing air to escape.. if the pump is working fine then there's some kind of air leak somewhere, make sure everything is nicely connected & tightened when you put the fuji back together. BTW when you put the pump back together you have to squeeze your fingers under the pump to place some nuts in the correct places, so you've been forewarned if you have big fingers.

hey guys, i just bought a fuji vape and i have seen some stuff on the internet saying that fuji's tend to over heat when turned up really high, but i was just wondering what a good temp range would be for this vape?

That thing is a piece of junk... i'm surprised we haven't heard about houses burning down from them or people getting sick from the chemical burn-off...

Buy a Volcano from Vaporstore or one of our Sponsors

Had my heating element go out and found this thread. Ordered a replacement cartridge heater from McMaster-Carr item 3618K311 and it's only about $15 plus tax and shipping. Also it's the correct wattage at 40 watts, just like the original. You just need to drill out the aluminum chamber it sits in with a 3/8" drill bit so it fits. Add some solderless terminals to the end of the wires after cutting them to length and stripping the insulation back. My Fuji works like new again. Yes the Fuji is cheaply made, but if you are willing to fix the small problems it works just fine at a fraction of the cost of a Volcano.

I was given one of those vapes with extra mouth pieces and bags a year or so ago. The newer version one though. I've used it exactly twice after dry running it 5 times to burn off any oils and to check for fumes. Worked OK. Not the best quality but I will say it out performed the piece of crap iolite I bought. At least the fuji produced vapor. I would never buy a fuji though. If I needed a vape that does bags that badly I'd get the herbalaire or save for the volcano.

We have just bought a fuji vaporizer and it heats up but the fan and the indication light wont turn on and its brand new whats wrong with this thing i have no clue and need help, and we have been letting it heat up for like an hour and still nothing!!!

We have just bought a fuji vaporizer and it heats up but the fan and the indication light wont turn on and its brand new whats wrong with this thing i have no clue and need help, and we have been letting it heat up for like an hour and still nothing!!!

and one more thing does the indicator light need to come on before u can turn the fan on????

and one more thing does the indicator light need to come on before u can turn the fan on????

never mind figured it out it came hooked up wrong!!! idk what kinda bs that is but at least it works now, stupid china made knock off u spend that much on something on something for it to b hooked up wrong brand new wtf!!!

Back
Top Bottom