Help, I think my buds turned hermephrdite on me.

CalVet420

This is Skunk #11, I'm on day 42 of flowering. I noticed today that some buds on 4 of my 6 plants have what look to be male pollen sacks growing from them. I don't want a seedy crop.

Please look at the pics and tell me I'm wrong and that everything is normal. but if it's not I was wondering if I could just clip the buds that are morphing on me.

also any nutrient advice would be appreciated as well.

I pulled this off one of the buds.

finger1.JPG

all three are the same bud from a little different angle. I hope you can see what I'm talking about. the little yellow leaves like pollen sacks are poking out.

morph03.JPG

morph02.JPG

morph01.JPG

i had something similar to this on my first grow. you would know by now if your girls were boys. your girls might have just turned a little hermie b/c of some stress or something. i've heard that female plants that have no males around them will naturally produce some seeds for reproduction. this is a natural survival tool of the plant, sometimes they do it, and sometimes they don't...or so i've heard.

I know the plants have gone through some light stress. I'm wondering if I should just harvest early. this is for my personal medical use. seeds are BAD for me. They give me excruciating head aches.

also if I prune off the affected buds, will I be ok as far as the rest of the crop?

you should be. the plant won't grow seeds in all of the buds, just a couple. like i said before, i'm pretty sure the plant forces itself to grow a couple seeds just to make sure another one grows when it dies. don't harvest early, just decide what kind of buzz you want. if you harvest early, when the trichomes are clear/milky white, the buzz will be more of a head buzz and uppity; if you harvest when the trichomes are milkywhite/amber, it's more of a couchlock body buzz.

so I guess I just let it go for a while? I don't want the rest of the plant(s) affected. I know it doesn't take very much pollen to make a seedy crop. This is my first grow so I'm a little nervous about it.

i don't even know if there are pollen sacks like there are on males. the seed isn't what creates the pollen. the pollen and the flowers create the seeds in the female. just b/c you have some seeds in a couple buds doesn't mean the other ones will get seeds. i'm pretty sure about all of that, but i am really sure that for the rest of the grow you need to keep any kind of stress down to a minimum. nothing!! good luck

The little banana on your fingertip is a male flower. If you keep an eye on them and pinch them out as they pop up you should be OK. If he/she pops out a bunch of dangly ball sacs then you might want to be concerned. As it is, if you get a few seeds to use for your next crop it might be a blessing.

the male flower on my finger WAS growing from the female bud. It's hard to get a good pic of it on the bud. I'll pick them off in the morning with some tweezers.

its just like humans, we are male and felmale but have a little bit of both hormones that go up and down depending on stress...... i think thats how you can get feminized seeds?? someone help me on that...:smokin:

you are correct on the female seeds. feminized seeds come from female plants that have produced seeds. if there are no males around to pollinate the females, then the seeds that were produced by the female are feminized. i've heard that these seeds have a higher chance of becoming hermie, but like i said before, i dont think seeds will show up on the entire plant, should just be a few buds. i'm not 100% on this, but pretty sure.

Yup, you got a hermaphrodite. If you can pull the nanners (that's what they look like) when they're forming you may be able to stay ahead of it. Regardless, you're this far along.. finish the grow and smoke the bud anyway!! Same thing happened to me on my first grow from bag seed..

Farmer Rich

Back
Top Bottom