White Or Yellow Powder Mildew?

KSum

Does mildew ever show up inside the bud as little balls that look like seeds?

What I've found is yellow. I'm wondering if they aren't pollen sacks buried in the bud, or immature seeds that didn't finish forming.

Ideas?

Yup, inside. I'm not seeing that kind of stuff anywhere else. I would think mildew would need much higher humidity to take hold anyway. The RH in here stays between 30-40% all the time, no matter what the weather is doing outside.

Unless someone else has a guess I'm going to chalk it up to immature seeds. Probably fertilized late in the cycle and didn't finish the seed before I harvested.

Let's just hope burning them doesn't taste like crap...

Still trimming, but I did find one solid immature seed. I'm not sure if pollen sacks grow in the bud or only at the branch junctions, but some of the yellow looked more like flowers with hairs sticking out. I suspect something hermied late and I harvested before real seeds could finish. Not much choice but to press on and hope it's not the same as smoking a fully developed seed. As long as it's not a mold or mildew I'm happy, and with the low RH in here I kinda doubt it would be.

Here's a pic under low power microscope.
Stuff1.png

If I didn't kno any better I'd say that looked like mold, like a bud rot, experienced that last year but mine turned the bud really soft and wet like I had dumped water on it and like a dark brownish color. So I wouldn't feel comfortable saying that's what it is and white powdery mold appears usually on the leaves first, I could be wrong but that's were I've always noticed it it's a puzzler for sure

I noticed it some time back when it looked like just new growth. I didn't think much of it at the time and it didn't seem to be affecting the plants at all. They were quite healthy. I hung them to dry and I'm thinking I need to build a small closet or something to hang things in where I can control the humidity better. It stays between 30 and 40% and the plants dried to nearly dust in just 2 days.

I'm still thinking pollen sacks or immature seeds. When it's smokable I'll post the result.

Back
Top Bottom