Help! Just found a pencil size brown spot on the side of a 7 week old big bud

familytree

It's been rainy and humid for about two weeks... The plants are outdoors and are looking beautiful.. BUT I think I may have some bud rot... what do I do? cut it down and speed dry? Is dry ice a good method.. Can the rot be stopped on the vine??

SOS

Thanks

Rainy and humid for 2 weeks is not good. However I grow right off the beach so I know about humidity. And when the buds start to dense up it makes it even worse for bud rot with the humidity. Im not a fan of spraying with fungicides ( Which You can find at Sierra Natural Science | Science Engineered) So what I normally do is a thorough inspection of the buds that I think are acquiring bud rot, and I poke in and around with a toothpick, and try to manually remove the infected parts.

However, if you see that it is pretty bad, You may want to salvage what You can because its likely going to continue growing. If your trying to salvage infected nugs it may be best to dry with heat, to kill any spores that are still growing.

Rainy and humid for 2 weeks is not good. However I grow right off the beach so I know about humidity. And when the buds start to dense up it makes it even worse for bud rot with the humidity. Im not a fan of spraying with fungicides ( Which You can find at Sierra Natural Science | Science Engineered) So what I normally do is a thorough inspection of the buds that I think are acquiring bud rot, and I poke in and around with a toothpick, and try to manually remove the infected parts.

However, if you see that it is pretty bad, You may want to salvage what You can because its likely going to continue growing. If your trying to salvage infected nugs it may be best to dry with heat, to kill any spores that are still growing.

Hey RelaxedLee, thanks for the info... I topped the cola and i think I removed all the dead stuff. Got it near a good breezy fan so it dry's a little quicker.. If it continues I'll just pop it in the oven and smoke it..

Back
Top Bottom