help me with fungus gnat infestation

brijon420

Hey their guys I am doing a grow with aeroponics and seem to be getting fungus gnats in my resevour how do I deal with this. Not flying yet just larvae any suggestions well welcomed. The first time I got them was tap water and nutes. This time I used distiled water after washing the plants and the resivour but they came back some how. Any one can help.

Hello Brijon,
I am sorry to hear that you and your plants are going through this.
However, the good news is that you have detected the problem early and have already tried to eradicate the problem with no success.
Recently, had sprinkled up some pigeon shit on my plant soil and watered it and than placed in sun. There were a lot of flies in that pot and I presumed they were just breaking down the pigeon shit.
A few days later saw some maggots wriggling around and asked Dr. Google what it was. The closest thing was these flies and worms.
My method to remove those maggots from the pot was to wet the soil a bit, got a tweezer and manually plucked the buggers out to a container filled with water. Early detection and early correct action is key to success imho.
If you have a big garden than maybe some meds are needed as manually extracting them is the best but most time consuming action.
Sorry I cannot help you further as I have no experience in chemical eradication of pests.
Hope you get the problem resolved ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom