Help with first closet grow

berts1011

Hello to all ..just joined the forum, will be trying my first grow.i have been doing research online and there is so many ways about this that is kind of confusing for me.i have no experience on this what so ever but desided why not give it a try, i found 4 seeds in a nug and decided to put them to sprout...the following day they sprouted so i left them till the root was about half an inch long and planted them in some organic soil from home depot in a cup and put them by the window...they kept growing so i moved them under a 23w CFL. all 4 plants are different sizes and i water them every day till the soil is wet. i decided to build a lamp and put them inside the closet under 3 23watt 6500k(cool) daylight CFL and 1 32w 6500K(cool)CFL. i also got fox farms trio that i might be starting to use after about 2 weeks. i will be adding a fan and ventilation system since it get to about 80-82 degrees under the lights...what is the ideal temp in a closet space?? the closet is matte white 2x4x8
i just bought a 42w 2700K(warm)..when should i add it in?
i have read that the color spectrum also makes a huge difference...not sure if the ones i have have any of these.

Any suggestions or advice will be greatly appreciated

image21068.jpg

You'll want the 6500k for veg and the 2300k for flower. I've heard that mixed spectrums are better but personally I can't say I've seen much of a difference in a mixed spectrum for veg. But for flowering I use mostly 2300k and I have a couple 6500k.

Like the cfl rig, I started off way more simple thend that but good job looks great. Maybe throw some mylar or a reflective material on the walls just for a little extra light bounce but white walls works great too! :thumb:

thank you so much for the advice
i had moved the light a higher up because i thought it was getting pretty warm in there....some times it reaches up to 83 i live in florida and it gets really hot here.
i have more space in the lamp to fit in another splitter socket with another 2 bulbs....when should i introduce this mod?
what are some methods for ventilation in this closet space? i can possibly connect to the closet next to it that has the ac system of my house. will that work as a negative air ventilation system?
The last 3 days since i moved them to under the lamp i haven't see any significant change. could it be stress? also the leaves in one of them (the smallest one) are not as green and they look bent down.
here are some pics
B677AD35-7F35-4A4D-AD74-38554BFEFAAC-2000.jpg
393F6ECF-7929-4D01-865E-A7517C69E76B-2000.jpg
27F80B9F-966B-49D6-B869-E914094D48F4-2000.jpg
198F6C5D-D960-4880-A4C0-01D8318C2D7A-2000.jpg

I am using CFL's all the way through my grows currently veg to flower and they're awesome don't get me wrong but they do give off a good amount of heat in smaller spaces and they need to be close to the plants which causes problems with fast growing strains more so sativas.

In my 2x4x7 tent I have 14, 23 watt CFL's over 3 plants. I have an 8" and 6" fan blowing air and a 4" 180 CFM exhaust. Temps sit around 75, 80 sometimes peak at 85 on a hot day. Live in California with no A/C. I'm really concerned with your current situation being in Florida where it's hotter and higher humidity. I have lived part of live in South Carolina.

Your going to need to be careful with temps, the humidity will be be good for veg but for flowering you may need a dehumidifier. Your also going to need more CFL's for flowering with 4 plantake so also be prepared for higher temps. There's many solutions and things you can do but it depends on budget.

I use a negative air system in my veg cabinet, a passive air intake to a high outtake exhaust fan withe creates negative pressure in the cabinet, planst love it, makes a light breeze to move the stems and the fresh co2 has just done wonders in days.

I think I know why you haven't seen much growth, what's the humidity like? Little plants need humidity to build their root system. Cut a water bottle in half and poke a hole in the top and cover the little plant in it, when it fogs up or starts condensating then you know it's working . Give it a couple days with the lights closer to them and they should be okay after and a good root structure going.

Here are mine during fir s the transplant:
20150307_125614.jpg

Great ... Thanks for the advice

I will give it attt with the water bottles, will it work the same if I put zip bags?? ....I will be checking into the ventilation system this weekend ... Let see what I can come up with

when its time to transplant, i have the solution for watering in all ready. i water the heck out of them, in the old container. then, just tap, or flap the bottom, plant pointing down, and it will come out. of course, you allready have an impression of its container, in the new pot. right? then its a perfect fit. lol. the easy and dead center way to transplant. the initial water in, at transplant, is allways the most important. water in till running out bottom, totally saturated, then let em dry out till next water. this day in day out "toping em off", is no good. only if they are dry. . not to the point of limp limbs, tho. many nutes dont offer mg. so, i add one tbs per gallon of epsom salits, ounce during veg, twice during flower. a plant needs mg, in order to make use of any other nutes.

will it do any good to flush???also is it ok to transplant into new soil???i am planning on purchasing some light warrior from fox farms, this soil i have is mostly of sticks and its always crumbling unless is wet.

any advise??

I would move them into some good soil.keep the light close.

Yess ... I moved them to a full solo cups with light warrior soil and they are doing great ... It is incredible that as soon as I transplanted them they showed growth by the next day .... I have started to feed them fox farms grow big at 1/4 strength.

The ph in the water I'm feeding is 6.0 ... Is this reasonable?

Back
Top Bottom