help with one question!

arizonabudski

Is it possible to veg a plant under cfl's only 2700k? i know these bulbs are better for following but can i veg with the 2700k cfl's?

hope to hear from u guys soon!!

Re: help with one question!!

Yea.. It'll work.. I screwed up when I started and bought 8 2700s. (Dyslexia WTF!.. I mean FTW). So it will work, it just won't be ideal.. Honestly, between keeping the lights super-tight, and decent airflow, I had very very little stretching. But make sure you regulate the temperature cause a few CFLs in a open closet is okay.. 10CFLS in a closed cabinet is not okay.. :)

Re: help with one question!!

wow i pretty much did the same, ended up buying an exsessive amount of 2700k's so they are all i have to work with, and i am in a closet/cabinet grow with a pc fan and a floor fan squezed in there. how many cfl's of 2700k will it take to veg nicely?

I used 8 CFLS for the first two weeks on a 2'x2'x3' cabinet with 17 plants in tiny pots for the first two weeks with a 235CFM pc fan in the bottom for fresh air and slight temp reduction (ambient air here was FRIGID those two weeks). All did very nicely (aside from my lights crushing some), but I'm planning to give them more room soon. The grow is in my sig.

alright how many 2700k's cfl's do i need to veg one plant in about a 2'2'3,i have three in there right now. the only other light i have is a gro n show one not sure of its k's or lumens

Three to four would likely suffice, but in general if you can deal with the heat, the more lumen, the happier the plant is. I believe the rough estimate with 4000 lumens per square foot for adequate coverage.

Back
Top Bottom