Help with question: Lots of photos

RagnarLothbrok

Hey guys so these plants are probably just over a month old I'd say; I just finished topping the one a couple days ago and it's just recovering right now and will have 8 Main Colas's

the other only has 4 main colas, I accidentally cut off one of the fan leaves on this one with a plant twist tie as the edge cut into it as I was tieing it down, this was after removing all of the bottom veg too (defoliation) so I only had one fan leaf on this plant doing photosynthesis which i believe set the plant back a bit and took longer to recover

it's not looking as nice as the other plant but it recovered well; My concern is: I do want to top this plant one last time to get to the 8 main colas on it like the other one; but I don't know if that is wise as I can't say myself if that plant is 100% healthy enough to handle that stress as cutting that on fan leaf off from the first top really set that beauty back (wish I had pictures before)

What do you guys suggest, keep this one at 4 and have the other at 8 colas or you think this other plant will survive one last topping and recover well?
(tops didn't look as strong as the other tops which is initially why I was hesitant on topping them)

also I noticed some of my fan leaves began to get yellowish palish dots on them ( some spots will get a yellow dot or line on the leaves and a day or two later will just be a hole or what looks like a "cut" in the leaf and there are no bugs or mites in the tent

this is on both plants but it's either the huge fan leaves just get the dots on them and the smaller ones get small cuts or holes on the leaves

the dots are on bottom fan leaves mainly ( not the ones I intentionally cut tips to boost nitrogen in new growth before lolipoping/defoliating them)

anyways any help, comments advice and conversations are always appreciated and welcome
please give me some feedback and let me know if there is anything I can do or answer for you guys<3

can't wait to hear what y'all gotta say looking forward to it

-R Lothbrok

What kind of system are you running? DWC? if so id say ur ppm is way to low since those plants are wicked small for one month old. Leafs look to be caused by a lack of cal-mag. Please give more info about ur set up for better advice.

What kind of system are you running? DWC? if so id say ur ppm is way to low since those plants are wicked small for one month old. Leafs look to be caused by a lack of cal-mag. Please give more info about ur set up for better advice.
thanks for the reply,

I'm running an Aeroponic system but it's kinda half aeroponics and half hydroponic/dwc

every 5 minutes I have a vortex sprayer that goes off misting the roots for 15 seconds

the roots are also submerged in water too though,
you can look the system up I'm not sure if you might be familiar with it but it's called "Rainforest 66" sold by General Hydroponics
give it a search

and plants did look much bigger I planted them pretty deep in hydroton to its first nose then I topped and defoliated my plant

I have two air stones going with a good air pump and I am using a 3 part nutrient solution flora gro micro n bloom

I am using tap water from my bathtub ( as it's the only tap that will fill 5 gallon buckets) the water comes out at a ph of 7ish 8
I use oh down to get it anywhere from 5.5 to 6.5 its sitting at a ph of 6 right now

18 hrs of LED light on and 6Hours of a Green filter Light on

I am thinking its cal-mag but that's why I've been using tap water over my distilled water from the distiller
so the plants get all the essential minerals from the water, wouldn't that also include calcium and magnesium in tap?
This would be water from Ontario CA if that helps or means anything

roots, the plants and really everything is looking really healthy and good except for the bottom few fan leaves I'm just wondering why their getting like that and what the deficiency if any is so I can reverse it and get them evenhealthier

I hope the information I provided helps any I can't really think of much else to my setup if you junk of anything or have any question go right ahead and ask and I'll answer asap

Your tap probably has some but add more to be safe. To me it really just looks like you went to hard with the defoliation way to early in the plants life and that is causing it to not be able to use the nutes possibly burning it if ur ppms are high. Try an shoot for a ph of 5.8 with that system. STOP defoliation they are still babies, wait till things are being shaded or are to dense then defoliate.

also that last plant u have a pic of would have 6 nodes right now if you didn't remove 4 of them and they would all be around level canopy wise especially with training.

Your tap probably has some but add more to be safe. To me it really just looks like you went to hard with the defoliation way to early in the plants life and that is causing it to not be able to use the nutes possibly burning it if ur ppms are high. Try an shoot for a ph of 5.8 with that system. STOP defoliation they are still babies, wait till things are being shaded or are to dense then defoliate.

thanks and they were pretty bushy; and I was watching a channel on YouTube called "Indica Institute" look it up I was watching his mainlining video and that's what I did.

I defoliated after my 2nd top and I've only done it once
I just fucked up by accident cutting into the one fan leaf with a twist tie.

I don't plan on defoliating at all again unless I absolutely have to if sites get shaded

but go watch indica institutes video on mainlining and you'll see what I'm doing

that is for the advice I'll check my ppms, what's a good ppm for this setup?
my ph has been sitting usually between 5.5 and 6

but I agree I do wish I held off on the defoliation but my one plant kicked back fine and stems are thick

the other is more of a light green than dark green and doesn't look as thick

should I leave this one at 4 colas or you think I could manage to top it once more and have it just like the other plant.

I'm thinking might be best to keep at 4 for now but I'm not too sure

Im well aware of defoliation and mainlining techniques I also use them, however i have been running my own tests and have come to the conclusion from the small sample size i have worked with that defoliation especially at a young age hinders development significantly. That being said if u need them to grow a certain way then ya gotta do what ya gotta do. To answer ur ppm question for plants that size id be running 150-200 ppm above the base ppm of ur tap (if they burn go a tiny bit lower), and let ur ph float between 5.5-6.2 ideally it is at 5.8 but that shit never stays stable for long. I prefer to run my DWC in individual 5 gal buckets as it makes treating and isolating issues easier.

Back
Top Bottom