Help with White Substance on Rapid Rooters - Unknown Substance and Drooping Leaves

BrandoGreen

Over the past few days, two of my plants have started to droop and I noticed one was drooping badly. I took it out of my Rainforest 66 and inspected it and found this white substance on the rapid rooter (pictured). The white substance is on 2 both of the drooping plants and on a third healthy one. Waiting to see if that one will start to droop soon. I don't think it is overwatering and am hoping I can find out what this is.

Here is the white substance growing on the three rapid rooters:
photo_zps795fb44b.jpg

Here is the my L.A. Women that is drooping the worst. It is about 2 weeks old:
photo_zpsf7b762ce.jpg

ANY AND ALL HELP IS APPRECIATED!

Re: Help with White Substance on Rapid Rooters - Unknown Substance and Drooping Leave

Not too clear all I see are roots coming out and if you can see them so can the light a little bit of a tighter covering around the top so the light does not get in it will dmage the roots.

Re: Help with White Substance on Rapid Rooters - Unknown Substance and Drooping Leave

i would get rid of the rockwool and just support the rapid rooter cube in the hydroton. theres no need to put the cubes in rockwool. i get white residues on my rooter cubes from the chlorine in the water as well as calcium and lime build ups from just spraying them everyday.. (like the white residue on your shower tiles or faucet head).. and your plants will droop if you are over watering them.. let the roots stretch out to get water.. if its a 5 gallon bucket you should just put 3 gallons in it and let the roots grow to the water.. the air stone will create enough bubbles to keep the empty 2 gallons at 100% humidity and the hydroton will absorb the moisture and feed the roots.

Nope not using any beneficial bacteria or fungus. I also have the roots covered so no light gets in. I can't really get rid of the rockwool, the rapid rooters are already rooted into them. I may have been overwatering and none of my plants have seen water in over 24 hours. I will see what happens. I also saw this today, one of the plants leaves began turning a yellowish color and another one of my plants began drooping. Are these spots from a Cal/Mag problem??

Here's a pic of the yellowing:
photo_zps38327605.jpg

Thanks again for the help guys!!!

what type of lighting are you using? and where is your ppm and ph at? its probably something really simple to fix

It may be salt build up then, you may want to get something, you might want to empty the reservoir bucket, then when you refill it, pour the water through the top to help flush those salts through, using a flushing agent may help as well.

Then add some fertilizer after about a day, and use some B-Vitamins.

Using a 400 watt MH light. PH is 6.0 and PPM is around 180ppm. They have barely been on nutrients for a week, could salts build up that quick?
what type of lighting are you using? and where is your ppm and ph at? its probably something really simple to fix

Actually I think JJBones has it right with the salt build up theory. I went to go remove what I thought was mold, and the substance literally wiped right off. Pretty sure dissolved salts so my system dried out and I have all of my plants on distilled water.

Not DWC, Aeroponics and Top Feed

Pretty well, just a bunch of white residue left over.

Back
Top Bottom