DWC Grandaddy Purp

That's what I get for reading up on the last journal a month late. Now you're already way in on the next grow. Good luck with the dwc, Im sure it's a little tricky at first but when it's dialled in your golden. Glad you've started another journal, I'll be making my rounds more frequently... Oh, and great job on the last one :thumb:

KiG :green_heart:cheers

image38002.jpg

So I think I have it dialed in, I'm realizing I need a bigger bucket. I would love to veg longer but I think I might flip the lights. This GDP is a very heavy feeder, I change resivoir with 1200 ppm and next day she drank 1 gallon and solution is at 200 ppm. So fasr I love dwc and I'm already considering building a shed so I can build a legit setup with a under current system

Hey man plants are looking great! I'll sub in. I am really interested in trying aero. I found these misters that use an air pump instead of a fountain pump. Its called a Dewey mister, I just bought two and I'm waiting for them to come in. I'm going to try using one to clone with and the other for aero growing. It's like a dwc- aero hybrid since It's using an air pump.

Hope you don't mind if I post some pictures

hqdefault3.jpg
11822751-1517426128547553-4144710932697220909-n.jpg

I haven't seen too much on them but they seem to put out a good amount of water, don't clog up like other misters and they don't heat up the water. I'm just not sure once the roots get big enough do they just chill in the water like dwc? I've only grown in coco so I'm not sure what to expect. Looking forward to learning full hydro.

Hey bedroom farmer, that's an interesting setup, I've done research on misters but decided against it. I know that on just my one plant the roots fill a 5 gal bucket. It seems like when the plant gets that big you would need a deep resivoir for the roots with a couple air stones. I'm no expert at hydro but I've done hours upon hours of research. I would love to see more about your system. Keep me updated

Hey thanks for the reply, calicanna143! The second picture I think is rooted clones in a clone machine. From what Ive read one to two dewey misters per 5gal bucket. I just don't know how it would be once the roots get to the water. If the water would be moving around enough. I'll have to test it out! Ill try it in a 5gal bucket with one mister. What is the recommended veg time for a 5gal bucket? Can the roots get too big?

Lol cali canna I love you! That's a great screen name!

Edit. Just found a pic. Looks like the roots just sit in the water once they get big enough. I hope these are worth it.
7e5f7bb81ccbeebf37a77c1f6ea8f168.jpg

I'll be watching your grow closely.

I think I'm at 6 weeks or so with veg, to me if I went any longer I'd have to go with an 8 gal bucket. How many gallons of water are you planning on having in the bucket ? Also in the pic it looks like the roots were split between the two sides, it might take a lot of work to part the roots like that. I'd just veg until you start to see that the roots are getting unmanageable. How high do the Dewey misters sit off bottom of bucket ? Make sure you have an air stone in there as well, I think that was the root of all my problems at the beginning. I've had to add 2 to mine. I'd love to hear anyone chime in with any thoughts regarding your setup. are you planning to start a journal ?

I think I'm at 6 weeks or so with veg, to me if I went any longer I'd have to go with an 8 gal bucket. How many gallons of water are you planning on having in the bucket ? Also in the pic it looks like the roots were split between the two sides, it might take a lot of work to part the roots like that. I'd just veg until you start to see that the roots are getting unmanageable. How high do the Dewey misters sit off bottom of bucket ? Make sure you have an air stone in there as well, I think that was the root of all my problems at the beginning. I've had to add 2 to mine. I'd love to hear anyone chime in with any thoughts regarding your setup. are you planning to start a journal ?

That's really good to know, about 4-6 week veg will work for the 5 gal bucket. I'm honestly not sure how much water I'm going to use. I decided it's something I want to try last night lol. But I'd like to make it all fit in my grow box ideally then go from there. 1.5x2x3 feet is the size of the box so it would need to be something low profile. I think those are two separate plants in the picture but I found it online. I'm not sure how to train roots. I'd be nervous to touch them. As for height they are adjustable but I will know more once they come in. I want to buy the perfect sun mini and I'll start a thread for my little box. I'd want to do like a sog for fast turn around time. Maybe 6 plants but not sure if I should go with small individual buckets or one storage container. I really appreciate all the tips. I have a lot of reading to do

I think sea of green will work better for you since your space is limited. The led light your thinking of using is a great light. This guy really builds quality lights. As for the roots I was just speculating that they need to be parted, ive never heard of anyone doing that. Also check out a ultra sonic fogger. Its a pretty neat thing if you can set it up right..with sea of green I don't think you will have any issues with your set up

image38016.jpg

Finally showing something... Also an update on my new set up, I had decided to piece everything together and build the current culture set up and I'm really regret doing that, I should have just purchased the kit, I now realize how much thought and engineering went into the creation of it. After dozens of phone calls to their awesome tech support I finally managed to round up all pieces..

Just an update, the GDP out grew my tent as well as my 5 gal dwc bucket, hydro doesn't work out for me because I'm on well water with ppm same as my target nutrient ppm which was 400. So I'd say this journal is a failed one and a learning experiment, next up is organic which I just started flowering. I'm not sure how to move this journal to abandoned

Back
Top Bottom