white powdery substance

rastaqueen

Hi friends of 420, I'm seeking advice on the best wait to get rid of a white powdery substance that I assume is mildew on my Indo Haze plant that's still in the veggie stage. Can anyone tell me the easiest and less expensive way to get rid of it, and have I guessed right that it is mildew forming? Any help would be highly appreciated.:thanks:

Hi Rastaqueen,

I see your a relatively new poster her in the forums, so let me welcome you to 420 Magazine and the community of members that gathers here! :welcome:

I think in this instance photo's would be very helpful in providing a definitive diagnosis and suggestions, but your description sure sounds like powdery mildew. Does it look a little like someone dusted your plant with flour or baking soda? If so, there are a number of remedies you might try. I have found the search feature found under the "Forums" tab at the top of the screen an invaluable tool in researching my many questions and topics of interest.

I think most would recommend SNS 244 (Sierra Natural Science) or a home remedy of baking soda or bicarbonate of soda mixed with water and a little dish soap (drops of it to act as a surfactant. There are quite a few suggested solutions available if you search "powdery mildew" or any variation within the forums as it seems we've all fought this at some point. Here is a link to but one of many: Best Way To Really Get Rid Of White Powdery Mold?

Be well and happy growing!

Back
Top Bottom