Help yellow leaves? Used N already

Legalize09

i need help figuring out if i am on the right track with my plants. Im a first time grower and i have three plants under 2 flourescent lamps (metal halide lamp is on the way) and they are about 8-10 weeks. They looked good for several weeks and then i topped them. They continued to look good and green but the growth had slowed (i figured bc of the topping and so i didnt worry) recently within the last 3 weeks the bottom leaves were turning yellow ( i figured it was N defficiency) and i gave them a decent amount of cottonseed meal. i covered the top layer of soil with it and watered. Now i am here several days later and im wondering if the plant will continue growing yellow from the bottom up or will the yellow leaves turn back to a healthy green. Also how long would it take for the cottonseed meal to take effect? Im still new to this forum stuff so as soon as i fgure it all out i will post photos of the plants so you can see for yourself.

If this works the affected leaves will show little if any improvment but it will stop the yellowing of any more leaves & growth rates will increase.I can't say how long this will take with the method you are using as I only use standard store bought chemical ferts as a boost to my homemade compost mix.Do you have a way to check PH?Very important to keep PH in a proper range for the type of growing medium ur using.I grow in soil so i try to keep mine between 6.3-6.9
Good Luck,
KK

the cottonseed meal is store bought also it is 6-1-1. I use regular potting soil in pots about a gallon size. i do not plan on growing them too big as this is my first time (and i got a second round about to sprout) and i would just like to get through this first time quick just for the experience. I dont have ph testers but i will get them soon.

bump

Back
Top Bottom