Help!

Medical

Hi,
This is a follow up to the need input thread. The plant's really bad now. Sevear yellow w/ brown tips and spots. I'm using fox farm ocean soil. I was spraying kelp water 2-3x a day. I talked to the hydro guy and he suggested to stop the kelp misting. He said kelp has nitro in it already. Funny I must have missed that on the bottle (didn't see any mention). So he suggested to go back just watering it for now. Another grow friend said I have spider mites. The other thriving plant shows no sign. I checked. I was told they could be there and some times you won't see them. I have since treaded the sick plant and all the other's. As well as cleaned and sprayed sm-90 around the plants also.

I really need some help. The hydro guy said the plant looks eather its under fed or over fed???? Then suggested I add some grow big w/one tsp to a gal. He also stated that foiler feeding should be done during the night cycle. The sick plant was transplanted over 4 days ago into a 5gal pot. The soil should have some nutes in it.

Here's pics;

DSCF2835.JPG

DSCF2837.JPG

DSCF2838.JPG

DSCF2840.JPG

DSCF2841.JPG

Thanks;
All

Re: Help !!!

how often to you water? That soil looks very wet.
Are you just using plain water? Or are you adding nutes to it as well? If so whats the PPM of your nutes?
What is your ph level?
How old are your plants? Are you still in veg?
What kinda soil were you using before you transplanted?
What kinda lights are you using?

Looks like nutrient burn to me. Burnt tips and damage mostly localized to the outer edges of the leaves coming inward. What other nutrients are you using besides foliar feeding with kelp meal?

If the plant is overwatered, then do not flush immediatly, this will make it worse. Let the soil dry out somewhat and then flush it with plain water until it comes out the bottom. Wait for the soil to dry throughly before feeding again.

I see a definite deficency, not over feeding nute burn,

underfeeding, or nute lockout

Ill go as far to say it is a potassium def. showing clorisis between the veins, dead tips, mottled coloring on older leaves and the beginnings signs of magnesium def aswell.

If you havent been feeding these plants , then feed 1/2 strength dose of general purpose ferts with a balanced NPK value (10.10.10) up the doasge in 2 weeks if they respond to the feeding.

If you have been feeding the plants then whats the PH of your water and soil runoff water, this too can lockout potassium, which is shortly accompanied by Nitrogen and phosphorous def.

Thanks for the reply. Heres a little more info;

I started the plant in a jiffy puck, then trans to foxfarm ocean soild w/vermiculite added. It was feed justh ph bal water at 7.0 with Homes and garden roots accelirator for 2 weeks. Then trans after 4weeks and used some multi enzimes from the same providor. The ph when started was 9.2 from the first water run off from the six inch pot. I was misting with kelp almost 3-4x a day in the start. When I felt it was time I tried foxfarm grow big at 1/8 tsp per gal of water. Still misting with kelp. Watering was 3-4 day or when my finger would come out of the soil with little or not dirt on it, then water with 1-1/2 glass 15oz per of ph 7.0 water with multi enzime added to the water.

It is now only on water w/water misting only. I also found out after rereading the Kelp bottle that it contains 8% potash (potasiume) and 2% sulfer. Woops. Here's what I'm thinking. Only mist with kelp when in the first stages of cloning and untill you get out of the "seedling" stage. The kelp helps promote root develpment and other nutes to stimulate growth.

I will wait a couple more days to see if the soil is dry to water and test the ph of the runoff. The foxfarm ocean should provide enuf nutes for meantime. I'm still in the veg state and hope she make a compleat recovery. I'm nail bitting when it come time to start adding nitro.

I understand ph and nute lockout. The other plant that looks like a seedling going into veg is name zena. She's had a real hard start in life. She was started in a puck, then trans to hydroton for grown in hydroponic. She was very stunted and I could not figure out what was going on. Then bough a ph meter and found out how bad it was. Even with bal the ph she still would not thrive. Even with grow big add at a very lite amount. But when she was trans to foxfarm ocean and fed as discribe above, she's taking off. Now if I can get the clones to survive that another thread.:allgood:

Woops forgot to mention I'm using 3' flouros w/cool with and warm. I read that the cool with helps photo in the leaves and the warm 3000k helps stem growth. I tried with strait daylight in the first attempt. I can't find the daylight in 3'. Though of trying auqua (fish) bulbs.

I would flush the soil with 3 X's the soil amount with clean tepid PH'd water to clean out and excessive build-ups or baddies. With the last watering add a 1/4 strength dose of PH'd nutrients.(It's time to feed them) Drop your "in going" PH to about 6.3 to 6.5. A PH of 7 is too high IMO. With PH, 1 point is 100X's stronger than the the previous point. For example...a ph of five is 100 times more acidic than a PH of 6 and a PH of 4 is 1000 X's more acidic than a ph of 6. So a half point (.5) is 50 times more acidic and so on. The point I'm trying to make with PH is that a little difference on a meter is really a big difference.
Stop the foliar feeding. If you must do it, do it right at lights out. If that's not possible, increase ventilation (a oscillating fan would be perfect) to aid in the moisture being dried on the leaves before your light can do damage. The drops of liquid with the lights can create a magnifying effect which can cause tons of leaf damage.
What are the temps and humidity of the grow room environment?

Temp stays around 75-79. I have a fan and ventalation goining inside the cabinet. At night when I get home I open the doors and use a 16" fan while I check and work. And... I just stuck the plant 4 days ago into fresh foxfarm ocean soil. Still need to feed it, or wait a couple weeks to start? The soil has ferts in it.

Medical said:
I just stuck the plant 4 days ago into fresh foxfarm ocean soil. Still need to feed it, or wait a couple weeks to start? The soil has ferts in it.

you should have said this in the beginning, water it and leave it alone for a week, if you dont see enough improvment, feed her.
confusing replies, you mentioned that at some point the PH was 9.0

....that will lock potassium out aswell as other nutes out...answer the question....and again whats the ph WATER RUNOFF right now not 4 weeks into the grow whats the PH runoff NOW

lol Easy there GG. This is a newer grower who is confused which is why we are getting confusing answers. We'll get the grow and him/her sorted out eventually.
Hey medical. Do what GG said and watch your baby carefully. As long as new growth is alright you have a chance to pull this baby from the brink. One thing is that while your waiting for answers from us your trying things on your own. We need to know what your doing in order to give good advice.
So you transplanted this stressed out plant? I hope the additional stress (from transplanting) isn't too much for it. You should never add stress to a sick plant.

Back
Top Bottom