Hemp Awareness Month! Cannabis History in America

S

Smoknbabe

I say that there should be a Hemp Awareness History Month!
Hemp has very well served this country in torublesome times. I think we should have a Hemp History Awareness Month. I say it should be April.
The reason I say this is because it just seems natural.
I got the idea when Mago was telling me about the little towns across the country called "Hempstead".
"Well, there4 is a "Hempstead" close to Houston!!" I said
I learned that they were called Hempstead because the farmers would grow Hemp every two years instead of their regular crop!!
All for Good Ole Uncle Sam!!!

That's what I was thinkin', April :cheesygrinsmiley:

farmers would grow Hemp every two years instead of their regular crop!!
All for Good Ole Uncle Sam!!!
Actually this was way back before WWII's Hemp for Victory,
like back when they were naming towns :cheesygrinsmiley: :kisstwo:

From Wikipedia, on Hempstead (village), New York
"Hempstead as a reminder of the English town of Hemel Hempstead where most of the original English settlers were born. Other suggestions regarding the origins of the name include one referencing a law during colonial times, requiring all farmers in the area to alternate one year, growing their cash crop, and the other year, growing hemp to replenish the soil. This method of soil regeneration was known as cover cropping. However, the most likely origin of the name "Hempstead" is the anglicized form of the original Dutch name for the town, Heemstede."

But then again a lot of Cannabis facts from the past, have been lost and/or distorted :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom