Herbs in my tent?

AgedMaster

Can I grow herbs in my tent with my plants I want to buy potted herb plants. I use coco but the herbs come in soil so can I feed them the run off from my coco a b or would I need to buy a cheap soil nute. The temp on the floor of tent is 22c lights on 19c off so I should be good with that. Also would the scent from herbs effect taste of buds and do herbs get root bound I read that they do but could I trim roots to keep them short

Good question @AgedMaster, I grow herb as well as tomatto's, peppers and other stuff in my cannabus garden, have for years and no ill effect.

Though I grow outdoor so perhaps I'm not giving you the answer you are looking for.

Good post though.

Hey Whats up AgedMaster?

parts of the answer for you. yes, the scent of other herbs will absolutely affect the buds, but most likely you will never even notice it. The scents and odors emanating from other plants or aromatic compounds can be transferred via soil, air or water, I discovered this with my cinnamon for fungus gnats gig.

I wasn’t setting out to make a discovery but the short version is I used ground cinnamon as top dress to reduce or eliminate fungus gnats. Cinnamon reduced the gnats but didn’t eradicate them, but the flavor of cinnamon carried over into my buds after curing.

as further proof SNS uses either rosemary or clove oil as the base for their IPM gear. It would appear that at the low, prescribed dose- it’s enough to kill or drive most pests away yet mild enough that we never really notice it

runoff works fine so no worries there

Good question @AgedMaster, I grow herb as well as tomatto's, peppers and other stuff in my cannabus garden, have for years and no ill effect.

Though I grow outdoor so perhaps I'm not giving you the answer you are looking for.

Good post though.

Hey Whats up AgedMaster?

parts of the answer for you. yes, the scent of other herbs will absolutely affect the buds, but most likely you will never even notice it. The scents and odors emanating from other plants or aromatic compounds can be transferred via soil, air or water, I discovered this with my cinnamon for fungus gnats gig.

I wasn’t setting out to make a discovery but the short version is I used ground cinnamon as top dress to reduce or eliminate fungus gnats. Cinnamon reduced the gnats but didn’t eradicate them, but the flavor of cinnamon carried over into my buds after curing.

as further proof SNS uses either rosemary or clove oil as the base for their IPM gear. It would appear that at the low, prescribed dose- it’s enough to kill or drive most pests away yet mild enough that we never really notice it

runoff works fine so no worries there
I will give it a go I can get the herb plants 75p each not much to lose. I wouldn't mind strange tasting plants i also see some people with cress looking stuff in there pots does anyone no what plant it is

I will give it a go I can get the herb plants 75p each not much to lose. I wouldn't mind strange tasting plants i also see some people with cress looking stuff in there pots does anyone no what plant it is
AM, just call it a cocktale.

I know some grow clover in larger pots but that's for a different reason

Back
Top Bottom