Hermies and Seeds

skinny-loc

hey ppl i recently found something out the hard way. i was given 4 feminized seeds by a friend who had some left over. he said it was LA Confe-sumshit.. after growing two of these babies i realized one was a hermie*the other two didnt germ....after that i quickly came to these forums and found out that fem seeds often do that because of the stress caused on a female plant to get these "fem" seeds. i wanted to know if i clone the othe other plant which is still in veg. Does it have the possibility of going herm?. Also i was gonna order reg. seeds for my next meds. i want a Purple Strain, i live in the US. can someone help me to a good purp strain with reg. seeds? Thanks alot for the support ppl ive learned everything from our 420 community..

Loc,back in the 70's a big revolution in growing was the discovery that taking seeds from a hermie plant would give you about 90% females when you grew out the next generation. The word spread like wildfire. People thought it was the greatest trick since bottled beer. What we didn't think about was that we were setting ourselves up for more hermie prone plants through the inbreeding.

A lot of those hermie traits still rest in the genes of today's designer strains and pop up despite rigorous breeding. IMO,look for a verified landrace strain if you want to cut down on the hermie factor. Lot's of good ones out there.

Loc,back in the 70's a big revolution in growing was the discovery that taking seeds from a hermie plant would give you about 90% females when you grew out the next generation. The word spread like wildfire. People thought it was the greatest trick since bottled beer. What we didn't think about was that we were setting ourselves up for more hermie prone plants through the inbreeding.

A lot of those hermie traits still rest in the genes of today's designer strains and pop up despite rigorous breeding. IMO,look for a verified landrace strain if you want to cut down on the hermie factor. Lot's of good ones out there.

Thanks for your wisdom stone, considering what you just said i guess i should suspect surprises every now and then..Pardon my lack of knowledge but im confused on landrace strains? is this seeds from reg. cannabis? if landrace is not regular cannabis seeds and by regular i mean the original sativa strains we get from the southern neighbor mexico or similar stuff from the 70s 80s would you please explain and refer me to some for consideration.:thanks:

Yep it's regular old pot. Traditional Mexican sats would be a prime example.

Durban Poison would be a good choice,IMO.

It's only going to cut down the rate of hermies,though. Growing seedless weed creates hermies. That female plant's main goal is to continue the species. Going hermie is a survival reaction.

When the females aren't fertilized a few will start cranking out male flowers here and there to get the job done on their own.

Cannabis is a damned interesting plant.

Femmed seeds actually come from female pollen, not hermies. Hermies have both male and female flowers and can have both offspring, though more likely to be hermies again.

When a bud pops a "banana" or female sac, it's a pure female trying to reproduce. If it gets on any buds... then you have femmed seeds. Check out my grow from last summer... learned more about female pollen than I ever wanted to know.

Wow thanks stone and obx i am fortunate to get some feedback in which will help me in the long run and actually knowing more about this beautiful plant. my respects and gratitude to you both

Back
Top Bottom