Hey All First Time New Grow

Hey Mocha Thank you for the warm welcome bud, yeah it really isn't in "growing state" but they are growing never the less right
I don't think I'll quite get that much from mine I'd be super surprised if I get a z at all off each seeing they really were just a test run to see if I liked it and such and now Im hooked LOL but it better not tap into my boating time ,
eventually I am going to automate the whole set up but that is way out

Ok so I just got a huge reflector set up I believe it is a 600 bulb in a 2'x2' reflector with a 6" pyrex tube over the bulb and socket

Most recent pics of the two grow areas
2 big ladies seem to be doing ok, got scheduled for a haircut somewhere between the 02/01 - 02/06
the one I transplanted the other day seems to be taking it like a champ and doing nicely it too will get a haircut soon.
The solo kids are looking a bit elongated so I don't know what to do about that , figuring on buying more smartpots for those on mon I hope and will set them a bit deep to strengthen them up I hope
Any suggestions I'm open ATM

Attachments

• 0130191655.jpg
    0130191655.jpg
    552.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 0130191655_Burst01.jpg
    0130191655_Burst01.jpg
    690.4 KB · Views: 23
  • 0130191655a.jpg
    0130191655a.jpg
    524.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 0130191655b.jpg
    0130191655b.jpg
    609.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 0130191655c.jpg
    0130191655c.jpg
    623.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 0130191655d.jpg
    0130191655d.jpg
    610.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 0130191655e.jpg
    0130191655e.jpg
    686 KB · Views: 25
  • 0130191656.jpg
    0130191656.jpg
    535.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 0130191656a.jpg
    0130191656a.jpg
    603.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 0130191656b.jpg
    0130191656b.jpg
    455.3 KB · Views: 21
Most recent pics of the two grow areas
2 big ladies seem to be doing ok, got scheduled for a haircut somewhere between the 02/01 - 02/06
the one I transplanted the other day seems to be taking it like a champ and doing nicely it too will get a haircut soon.
The solo kids are looking a bit elongated so I don't know what to do about that , figuring on buying more smartpots for those on mon I hope and will set them a bit deep to strengthen them up I hope
Any suggestions I'm open ATM
Looks good man :thumb: the only thing I'd do is with the flower room is get some mylar and wrap a 4 x 4 or 5 x 5 ft area around your girls so that light can penetrate better (600 watter right?), that should stop some of the stretch, but they're going to stretch at first, they always do when switched to 12/12 :goodluck:

Thanks MochaBud
I am trying to get a hold of some black/white plastic this week.
It's not viable behind the table but I have a bottle of Co2 and a solenoid/regulator/flowmeter to turn on right after the lights go out seeing I heard this is better for them after lights off but am not hooking it up till I get plastic

How far away should the light be at this point, and yes it is a 600 @ 100%
They say 18" to 24" but I always put my hand on top of my girls and adjust that way, if it's burning the back of my hand then I raise it, if my hand is fine, I leave it

Sorry guys been a busy end to my week
Will be starting to work on new shelves and such ,got the backing of the building owner to install Mo'power in there even gave me 250' of truck cable I think it is #8/4 conductor which will be plenty ,
I did figure out I think why they aren't just taking off and it seems the temp in the room drops significantly when lights out but I dont have them enclosed yet or enough power in there to be able to add a heater but will try my freaking best to get that taken care of this coming week
I have the heater I have the truck cable but no small sub panel and now enclosure material yet

Sorry guys been a busy end to my week
Will be starting to work on new shelves and such ,got the backing of the building owner to install Mo'power in there even gave me 250' of truck cable I think it is #8/4 conductor which will be plenty ,
I did figure out I think why they aren't just taking off and it seems the temp in the room drops significantly when lights out but I dont have them enclosed yet or enough power in there to be able to add a heater but will try my freaking best to get that taken care of this coming week
I have the heater I have the truck cable but no small sub panel and now enclosure material yet
I had the same problem when I bought this house, 100 yrs old and only a 100 amp breaker box :rolleyes: ...I used timers, 10 min before lights on, the space heater would go off, and 10 min after lights out, the heater would come back on...now I have a 200 amp service so no probs :popcorn:

Yeah not the issue her my friend , Downstairs used to be a bar/restaurant , never the less who ever his electrician was should be praised put on a pedestal in the middle of town AN SHOT IN THE HEAD!!! #$%#$^ Moron he was
So Ive got 2@100A panels and 1@200A panel down in basement Ohhh about 220 feet from where I need it , also the rear apt up here is a complete S%$T Hole and there are only 2-3 circuits for the whole pad, My apt is freaking gorgeous and power galore. but again no real way to come from my place to grow area. Soooo, I am try (rather I will) install a 100A sub somewhere deep in basement using existing spider web wiring then come off that to a new sub panel right in my grow area to service all grow areas and add a little more power to the back apt. I will also be tapping into my router and running a CAT6 line to the room and another router/WiFi hub to the room so I may leave my smaller laptop in there to communicate and run my automated grow system .
Phew that was a mouthful LOL !!!!
Happy growing my friend

Well sorry all for being away I was working out of town for a bit just got home Sun. Lots going on !!
all my seedlings are in 3 gal. smart pots and just brought home another 9 @ 2 gal. smart pots for 9 unknown strain clones I was handed. Also I have a 25'x10' piece of black/white panda plastic so even though it is not enough to do my whole room I think seeing I have so many in Veg right now I am going to build my Veg area first and tent it in and in turn this will free up my large closet area and I will move my to in flower (they are 4.5' tall now) closet is 6 foot I think . That way I can control the heat better for them in both cases and the veg area will not be over crowded as it is now .
Or I can build a decent size area for Flowering with what I have and then grab another sheet of plastic in a week or so to thin out my veg area but I need more heat on my flowering at night after lights out and also would like to inject some CO2 in there after lights out as well .
So this is this afternoons project to start

Back
Top Bottom