Hey and Eh from Canada

Treehouseman

hey everybody, I've been a long time lurker. You guys seem to have one of the best collections of knowledgeable minds when it comes to growing cannabis and now that I've finally retired the CFLs I figured i should join up here, share what I know and hopefully gain alot more.

I've grown outdoors for the past 3 years without much success (too much shade, lack of sunny spots that dont compromise security) and I've successfully grown and harvested 2 plants under my old CFL rig.

My first girl was beautiful, I don't think I'm ever gonna forget the way she sparkled in the light on the night I chopped her. I got her through to the end with only minor nute burn and was thrilled with my harvest of a little over an ounce from a 2.5 foot tall plant and only 120 watts of CFLs.

in between that grow and my next I learned a lot about ventilation, seeing as how I set up like 4 stealth cabinets that completely suffocated all my plants.

Then I went back to the closet and finally saw success again, sort of. I produced a four foot tall hermy, that I purposely overfed in hopes of killing off the male parts. Somehow it worked, but I harvested some of the fluffiest buds I've ever seen. What looked like an eighths worth would only way up to about a gram, the harvest's overall appearance was that of a QP but was in reality only little more than an ounce. still good smoke though.

Now I know what it really takes to grow good quality cannabis, no more skimping on grow rooms and making do with less than perfect conditions. and a 150w HPS should get me started off good.

well anyways hi everybody, Im looking forward to being a part of this community

Welcome to 420! I used a 150w HPS in my first grow ever (link in siggy). I have since upgraded to a 400w HPS and have noticed a huge amount of improvement. Please feel free to check out my grows and ask any questions you may have. I am always glad to have a new member watching my grows and I also like watching new growers as well. I am subbed to about 70 journals and several other threads so I am around constantly. If I can ever be of any help just post a question here or in one of my grows and I or some other talent will gladly answer your questions.

Knowing that you have been lurking for some time I will still share some great links that I refer to a lot as I am still a noob.

How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

Problems, Pests & Disease Control

Frequently Asked Questions

Sponsors : 420 MAGAZINE ®

And last but not least vote in the contests!

420 Contests

Hey tactical, thanks for the welcome and thanks especially for linking me to another 150w HPS journal. I haven't been able to find alot of them. always good to see how somebody else set up a similar light to what I have since I've only used cfls in the past. I'll definitely let you know if I run into any trouble

Back
Top Bottom