Hey Gardeners

MasterLynxx

Hey everyone, I am new here, as well to "gardening. I had to start my garden due to an accident, and my frugal mentality (LOL) I'm such a cheap skate, I decided to go organic because of an issue with "Fruit Flies" and damned if I didn't learn the hard way, that's not the best thing to do with bugs... hehehe so anyways, I use an organic mixture I am working on of my own. I use mostly peat moss, with coconut fibers, vermiculite, perlite(of coarse) w/ a home mixture of nutrients including miracid and orchid food, as well I incorporate fermented milk, fish water, bong water and collected rain water... I am hoping to start a compost pile during the summer, but that be more difficult, due to my neighbor's nose( wife's mother), so if you have any ideas, or building specs that may help keep out curious eyes from peeking in, I would love to hear em. If we can talk organics, or hydro I would look forward to hearing from everyone on the subject, and learning something from all of you. So please, let me know what this topic makes you think...

Re: Hey Gardeners...

Compost piles do not even smell when done right. You might wanna look into making a worm box with red wigglers.

Have you heard of subcool's supersoil? Do you have access to a good base soil "meant" for growing MJ like roots organics?

If you do I suggest you try out the supersoil...

Re: Hey Gardeners...

Hey, CantKeepMe, it's not the scent I was reffering to, but the NOSEY, or intrusion of a mother in-law that would just break or destroy something like that and blame the kids down da hill inda projects. In other words some sorta designed compost bucket that would'nt interest her.
:Rasta:
And well, I honestly know almost nothing about composting, but thats kinda how I learn best. Dive into the middle of a lake, and learn how to swim, or drown... and well I have''t drowned yet...
:wood:

Compost piles do not even smell when done right. You might wanna look into making a worm box with red wigglers.

Have you heard of subcool's supersoil? Do you have access to a good base soil "meant" for growing MJ like roots organics?

If you do I suggest you try out the supersoil...

You can find lots of info on the internet.. There's forum based communities for composting just like there are for us growers. :D

You can build lots of custom boxes. Make sure to get some red wigglers, as they make worm castings very similiar to compost, much quicker then you'd get any compost. It'll still take a year or so to get any viable castings though..

Back
Top Bottom