nuts -advanced grow a+b, hesi root complex
medium -coco
ppm 300-500
ph 5.5-6.0
rh- 60%
room temp 80 (27)-89 (32)
room sq footage 3X3 -9 feet tent
no pests

i have 4. 2 started from unknown seeds, and 2 skunk clones.

1 st week : started with 250 watt hps 15 inch from plant. 0.5 ml/L hesi root complex and 1 ml/L of advanced sense grow a+b. 450 ppm

2nd week : starting now. due to heat problems, changed to 5X14watt t5 6500K. place 3 inches from the plants.
450ppm

my questions (finely)
1. will the t5 do the work for the next couple weeks of veging ?
i cant cool the room, so should i add more t5 ? how many ?

2. every 3rd feeding i feed with tap water only (about 350 ppm)
when i check the run off , its showing me 1300 ppm.
does the nutes already build up in the coco ??

i will add photo's very soon. any advice would be nice :)
thanks
kingbud

Welcome to the forum kingbud!

>>>1. will the t5 do the work for the next couple weeks of veging ?
i cant cool the room, so should i add more t5 ? how many ?

Okay so you would ideally want anywhere from 50-100watts minimum per plant depending if it is cfl of HID and depending if you are growing each plant with a potentially large yield or utilizing a technique like SCROG and grow multiple plants with smaller yields. . Since the lumen intensity is greater with HID setups you could get away with a minimum of 50watts per plant, but with cfl you would want to increase the wattage. In your setup you have six 14watt t5's and four plants so that should be around 21watts per plant, WAY below the 'ideal' range available light for your girls.

I suggest going to any hardware store and getting yourself a couple of high-wattage (you can find them anywhere between 23w-125w) CFL bulbs and use them as supplement lighting until you can get a working ventilation system going. 89F temps are just a little TOO high IMO to be running an HPS ;)

>>>2. every 3rd feeding i feed with tap water only (about 350 ppm)
when i check the run off , its showing me 1300 ppm.
does the nutes already build up in the coco ??

You should use a ppm of no more than 600 (@.5 conversion rate) during veg and try spacing out the times you water with nutrients, though I don't know much about coco growing, it DOES seem like there is a lot of nutrient buildup in the medium.

I hope I somewhat gave you an idea of what to do next, hope this helps! Good Luck, AG.

im thinking the same thing. my 4 ladies are stacked together in a 1 feet sq and the t5 are right above them.
so they are getting their 50-100 watt they need in that area.. right? :)

thanks for the reply

Back
Top Bottom