Hi new here and need some help

andyboy

Hi all. First grow with Northern Lights feminized. Started grow under 400 watt MH. Two months in and I moved one plant under Mars-hydro 96 X 3 watt LED light. Plant in one day began to look like this

IMG_0454_zpssquh5okn.jpg

So- I being new, immediately moved the plant under a 600 watt MH raising the light 24" above the plant and moved a second plant under the same light.

IMG_0455_zpsoowfvpxb.jpg

IMG_0462_zpsrzikcejr.jpg

IMG_0463_zps6qxh2xc4.jpg

IMG_0462_zpsrzikcejr.jpg

I researched my problem and learned that I might have a mag deficiency problem. This problem is notoriously seen with LED lighting. I also learned that it's possible that I may have burned the plant with the LED lighting. I since added cal/mag one tablespoon/ 5ml per gallon of water with regular nutes.

Here's the problem, the fan leaves drying out and dying still continues. More so with the far right plant which is the only plant I had under the LED. The middle plant- which you see on the left is now starting the same problem.

IMG_0461_zps06v1lfxm.jpg

I can only speculate that the LED light must have reach a leaf or two on this one as well.

Now look at my third plant which has only stood under the 4oo watt MH. No problems what so ever.
IMG_0453_zpsrtshpasp.jpg

IMG_0459_zpsspeewxzd.jpg

Northern Lights feminized via Nervona
Fox Farm Ocean Forest potting soil
5 gallon pots
Watered evry 4th day with ro/do water. Every other watering I use nutes.
Fox farm nutes
18 hours light
400 watt MH 18" above plant
600 watt MH 24" above plant

pics of growing environment
IMG_0458_zps5iayo7lt.jpg

IMG_0457_zpswm4t4rkm.jpg

Thank you for your help with this...

Update, I was told that I'm over watering: root rot. Let them dry out. I was also told to get a PPM meter. I have one now. Can someone tell me the newbee how to properly PH my nute water, how often to use nute water, how to PPM, to ph/ ppm water runoff, etc. I need a sound process that I can follow. Step 1, step 2, step three.

Thanks for your help,

Andrew

That looks like a cal/mag deficiency problem to me, I know you added a little more. Some info needed. With soil Ph going in with nutes should be around 6.5-6.8 and water only 7.0. I found 6.5 best with nutes cuz that's where cal/mag gets into plant best. Now with a good R/O system the ppm should be under 120. My five stage runs a 5ppm. If you see your run off at 5.8 or lower flush that plant with 7.0 water to bring it back up. After the first month I would run a heavy water feed every other week one time just to make sure salts or any build ups are washed out. I do water,water,feed schedule with my ffo. Under led up your cal mag which you know so for a example if it says 5mil per gallon, then under led add 8mil per gallon. Now make sure at lest one of your waters have nothing added. The other water can have cal/mag so what I do is only water, cal/mag with water only, then nutes with cal/mag. Now I will say If your using G/H cal/mag it sucks and it will move your ph around. Green planet cal/mag is one of the best and uses less. Cost is cheap with NO smell as well and it does not change ph at all !! so when you do your water water parts you will not have to ph, only with the nutes. I hope something I said helps you, I will do what ever I can to help just hit me up when you are in need of info or what ever. I wish you the best and welcome to 420 mag.. :passitleft:

I want to take a min and thank you for your time. You are awesome:thumb:... Yet I need some clarification on some things

If you see your run off at 5.8 or lower flush that plant

1. Is that run off with a feed or plain ph'ed water?

After the first month I would run a heavy water feed every other week one time just to make sure salts or any build ups are washed out.

2. I'm not sure what your saying here. After first month of plant's veg cycle? Every other week one time? Can you please help me understand this. This sounds very important.

I do water,water,feed schedule with my ffo.

3. I've been watering each 5 gallon pot with a gallon of water every 4th day which is too much I've learned. If I allow the 5 gallon pot to basicly dry out before I water again, I'm guessing that will be say 7-8 days or longer. I have been watering, waiting 4 days and then feeding and then again waiting 4 days. How often do you water if you water, water, feed? Can you give me a better method then I have been doing?

Now make sure at lest one of your waters have nothing added. The other water can have cal/mag so what I do is only water, cal/mag with water only, then nutes with cal/mag.

4. So water, then water with cal/mag, then water with nutes and cal/mag thus water, water, feed as you mentioned above?

Green planet cal/mag is one of the best

5. I'll check amazon.

Cost is cheap with NO smell as well and it does not change ph at all !! so when you do your water water parts you will not have to ph, only with the nutes.

6. You don't ph your ro/di water? I tested mine yesterday. It was 7.1. Also I am using a blulabs meter and honestly do not have any faith in it. I check the blulabs results with GH drop tester and it's color will show red while blulab will tell me it 6.0???I've been checking out your videos. Thank you very much BTW. You are a very patient person with your presentation. I saw in your watering video that you are using a different meter. Do you recommend that over the blue labs?

7. Based upon the pics you saw of my plants, should I just wait until the soil drys a bit say another 3-4 days, and when I water, check the run off or just go ahead and water/ test ph run off today instead of waiting?

#1 Plain water

#2 The first month there are enough nutes already in the ffo no need for adding. After first month when you start adding nutes, when you do a run of water only I would run a small water flush every other week.

#3 Its all on your plant when you water and feed. Some of mine take every 3-4 days and some every other day. You should let it dry out good. Just to when you see leafs drooping a little then you know shes needs water and form there you do it a day early. So lets say you get to day 6 and you see she is drooping, then you will want to start feeding every 5th day and then if she grows bigger and you see she starts drooping at day 5 you move to day 4.

#4 water, then water with cal/mag, then water with nutes. This is best so after the water nute feed the next will be just be clean water to help clean salts and extra nute build up.

#5 I have link if needed

#6 No sir never Ph r.o water only if at 7.0 and your 7.1 if fine as well, rain water is 7.0 just so you know. When you do water only feed it helps bring ph level back up in soil if it starts to drop do to nutes and salts. I use a echo 2 ph meter love the hell out of it and do not have to recalibrate it that much at all maybe one time a month to be safe but found it does not even need that most times.

#7 Wait until she needs water to test so you don't risk hurting the root system with to much water.

Just so you know, you will see leafs curl aka twist if your ph gets moved around a lot or to much at one time so try not to do big ph changes at one time unless you are flushing.

OK ordered some stuff. The meter, pro cal cal/mag, air pots- 5 gallon, and recharge. You are an angel Sir. Your knowledge priceless. I'm watching your "From start to finish" videos now.

Thanks again,

Andrew

Part 1 Nice. RN/ paramedic 911. Non friendly state. Thx

PS anything on testing???

Hi what's up? I'm watching part 4 of start to finish. Here I see that you are watering FFO with ro/di water and cal/mag each time. I understand that you don't want to use the nutes the 1st month or so because the FFO already has everything the plant needs. Yet in an earlier post to me, you said- water, then water with cal/mag, then water with nutes. So in other words, I only use cal/mag once every third watering.

In part five you said that you use cal/mag every single time.

What's best?

I see u'r upset with me. A friend was asking. We see how important you are. You are the man. Sorry I asked on the behalf of another. Sorry stupid question. can you please forgive us/ me?

Back
Top Bottom