Hippies

umphfunk

I have been noticing that more and more people are not listening to Hippi music..such as grateful dead..moe. umphreys mcgee etc... ive been wondering y that is...if u havent tryed listening to this kind of music try it.. u just might like it..it is a suggestion so please dont get pissed..:peace:

You may not know this but the sixties were over forty years ago. Music tastes change.

please dont call it "hippie" music. b/c its not. its just good. and hippie-like people listen to it. not all the people who listen to phish, GD, Moe., Um etc. are not all hippies. their music reaches a broad range of people. as for UM being on the radio. WRONG. Oh yea, there is a music forum. stay green. peace.

I listen to the dead, zeppelin, floyd, doors, etc and I know a lot of people who still do as well.

Its actually called Jam and yes "hippies" listen to it. Well actually there are no more "real" hippies anymore they left with the sixties but, people like them listen to the music. I myself listen to this music and I definetly wouldn't call it hippy music even though I am somewhat of a hippy.

Music like the Doors, The Grateful Dead, Pink Floyd is classified under Psycedelic. The new age stuff would still be called Psycedelic if thats what kind of music youre talking about. Its Jam Bam not Jam, look up all of the bands at the 10K Festival in Minnesota its all Jam Bam bands.

PhisherMan420 said:
Its actually called Jam and yes "hippies" listen to it. Well actually there are no more "real" hippies anymore they left with the sixties but, people like them listen to the music. I myself listen to this music and I definetly wouldn't call it hippy music even though I am somewhat of a hippy.

Real hippies are still around. You just don't recognize us because we no longer wear the uniform. We have jobs and have mellowed with age. The sixties maybe gone but we aren't.

you can be hippy without having to listen to the music. listening to music doesnt make u a hippy your attitude is wat really makes u a hippy.

I like to call it part timin---See Im a part time hippie cause I got a job, now if I sold French Bread Pizza's after the show, or grill cheese, whatever, and selling beaded necklesses, or If I joined the Peace Corps, then I would be a full timer, just how you look at things. Definately part time these days. Gotta pay the bills.

Oh yeah bout the forum here. The 90's were full of retro going hippies, just look at the cars these days, its money market driven...Blah Blah...Whos coming with me....Man Phil Lesh and the Duo coming to Raleigh this month. Kick Ass.

Got over my If it aint Phish its broke syndrome...

Not going to be the same but moving on and being a part timer and enjoying life as it comes.

Hey someone hit me up sometime to chat.

Mndbekd420nc

definitely

Hate not being able to spell, what did I learn in college, that was part timing too.

Back
Top Bottom