Hiya from Oly420

OGDanimal

Ok so I'm ~Danimal~ a simple name for a simple person. I'm in my mid 30's and am graced to call the great northwest home. My partner and I have 4 cats (Mr. Peepers-the scardey cat, Kitty Kitty Momma Cakes-the mother f all things cat, Gracie-the fat evil bitch, and Halo the runt. We also have an old as dirt chihuahua- Lucy AKA chompers cause she chews herself raw when she doesn't have a cone on her head. ALSO we have 3 ferrets Ozzy, Minky Boodle, and Red. We are animal lovers...or collectors... your choice!!

I've spent the better part of 20 years buying from friends, or friends of friends and the past 13 years reading websites and forums on growing and dreaming of the day that I built my own piece of paradise.

I absolutely love the plant marijuana. I suffer from debilitating migraine headaches all my life now and the only thing that allows me some decency of life from the pain, nausea and did I say overwhelming pain, has been marijuana. I've been on prescribed meds for migraines and sometimes they work but the nausea and effect of pain relief is temporary at best and causes me shaking, tingling and hart palpitations at worst. So I've medicated myself since I could, with marijuana. I have found it prevents my daily small migraines, and when the whoppers come on they end much quicker, and the pain its tolerable.

Alright then, after spending all this time in life medicating and spending mass amounts of money on medicine, of various quality; and also reading online waiting for the day to come when I would be in a place in life that I could grow my own medicine I decided to make my own small, personal garden.

I Just returned from The Home Depot with my first set of 1/2inch MDS sheet boards and some 2X4's and 2X2's to setup my first garden and will be sharing this fun with you all...but I will post about that in another forum...

I hope that in my adventure I meet some open minded, good people to compare lives journey and share some thoughts and experiences.

Drop a line and say high sometime

~Danimal~

Hi OGDanimal, :welcome: to the 420Magazine forums. :welcome:
I like animals also. Dogs are my thing.
All the info and help you need is here to asure your success in your first grow.
Just learn to walk then you can try to run.
Check my signature for some helpful links.
Your building of your grow space will be a great addition to your grow journal.
:thanks: for choosing us instead of them. :thanks:
I'll see you around the forums. :peace:

Hey there OGDanimal, :welcome:
420 is glad to have you here and is Very excited about your new venture into the great hobby of Growing your own Cannabis. :yahoo:
Keep it here for all the know-how and helpful advise to help you every step of the way.
Together we will produce a productive garden for your Meds. :yummy:
Keep up your reading and research, ask the question if you don't find the answer.
If we can help you find some information or understanding a feature on 420 here just yell, we are always here to help.

Hope you decide to start a grow journal to share with us all.
Have you looked at some of the ongoing journals?
Journals in Progress - 420 Magazine

So what ya thinkin' Hydro or Soil? :hmmmm:

So many great members, so much great info everywhere you go here.
Take it slow, better to know what around every corner before it comes.
Book mark important threads for future research.
Happy your here.
Enjoy all that 420 has to offer.
Happy Growin' :thumb:
:goodluck: :peace:

:welcome: OGDanimal
Welcome to 420, The BESTEST Cannabis site in the entire world!:yahoo:

This site is very dedicated to Education, Awareness and Legalization of our precious herb! :yummy:
The more time you spend reading here, :reading420magazine: the more you will appreciate the time and effort that has gone into this site.

The Volunteer Hospitality Team here is awesome. :bravo: I hope you check out the links under their signatures, they are very helpful links for new members.

I bet you've already figured out that there is a Home Forum Page. a FORUM is a group of THREADS pertaining to a particualr subject, the Threads are divided into indiviudal POSTS.
( I wish someone had told me that when I first joined, but I'm a stoner. I get lost in my living room sometimes) :goof:

Are you going to be a Soil or Hydro Grower?

Good Luck with it. :peace:

Thanks for the welcoming!

I am off today and tomorrow form all 3 jobs! This almost never happens, but I knew last week that this week I would have 2 days off when schedules came out and was blown away. I just knew I had to get my garden going with this RARE 2 day window.

So *Yawn* Time to get started.

It's a little after noon now, I actually got to sleep in late! WOOHOO! That almost never happens as I have 3 part time jobs one of which starts at 5 or 6am. and the others are afternoon or evening gigs.

*yawn* finishing up my morning (lol its now 1 pm) bowl and into the garage to begin!

I Will be starting a grow journal and sharing pics as I go. I hope to not get over confident in my build.... but I'm pretty sure I won't get in over my head...LOL did i just curse myself? I do that often.

I'll link my journal this evening after I'm done working on my box for the day , or in between breaks.

Wish my luck!

After building my box I will decide on organics or hydro. I am quite indecisive at the moment and just need to get the box built first and then go from there. There are many pros and cons to both. In the end, time and finances will dictate which route I take.

Who knows, maybe I will end up building two boxes and doing both and see which one i like best. First things first, just gotta get started.

Cheers mates!

Back
Top Bottom