Hollister Pot Shop Plans to Recall Mayor

Calif. - Evictions, lawsuits and now a petition to recall the mayor. The weed war in Hollister takes an ugly turn.

The owner of the marijuana dispensary Purple Cross RX says he started a petition to recall the mayor of Hollister following a lawsuit from the city.

"We are in enough debt as it is," says McPhail. "It's just going to tie up in court for years."

It's a fight that McPhail is planning to drag out in court. He feels Purple Cross RX has every right to stay in Hollister.

"We are within our rights and the laws of California," says McPhail.

But city council disagrees. This week, members unanimously voted to sue the medical marijuana dispensary, claiming pot shops are illegal in Hollister.

McPhail exclusively told Central Coast News he's now starting a petition to recall Mayor Victor Gomez and Council member Doug Emerson.

"We need people in that council to know how to handle matters in a professional way as far as law-abiding citizens and not try to run them out of town," says McPhail. "Just because they don't like the fact of what we are here for and what we stand for."

"I'm not concerned." says Gomez. "I feel like I'm making good decisions for the City of Hollister. I take my position seriously."

Just three months into his term, Gomez said he doesn't think the recall has any merit.

"I don't want to say if it's ridiculous or not," says Gomez. "Everyone's entitled to do what they want."

"We are not going to be stepped on," says McPhail. "We are here for the long haul."

There was some talk before that McPhail is planning to move the dispensary. He says, they're still looking at other places in the county, but for now, they're staying put.

NewsHawk: Ganjarden: 420 Magazine - Cannabis Culture News & Reviews
Source: KCBA
Copyright: 2010 WorldNow and KCBA

Back
Top Bottom