Honolulu Officer Guilty In Vegas Drug Case

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
A Honolulu police officer was convicted in Las Vegas of misdemeanor driving under the influence and marijuana charges stemming from his arrest last August while taking part in a softball tournament.

Prosecutor Bruce Nelson said Wednesday a felony driving under the influence charge was dropped for 38-year-old Kevin Fujioka because it conflicted with the misdemeanor DUI charge.

A Las Vegas justice of the peace found Fujioka guilty Tuesday of the two misdemeanor charges and ordered Fujioka to pay $580 in fines and fees.

Prosecutors last month dropped a misdemeanor marijuana possession charge against another Honolulu police officer, 47-year-old Shayne Souza, after he pleaded guilty to obstructing a public officer.

Souza and Fujioka were arrested Aug. 15 in a van near a park several miles west of the Las Vegas Strip.

NewsHawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: fox5vegas.com
Copyright: 2010 KVVU; Las Vegas, NV. (A Meredith Corporation Station)
Website: Honolulu Officer Guilty In Vegas Drug Case - Las Vegas News Story - KVVU Las Vegas

• Thanks to MedicalNeed for submitting this article

who woulda guessed that charges would have been reduced or dropped.

i am speaking here from personal experience. i was cited near the carson city area of nevada for less than a gram and 2 pipes that were in my truck all of which were mistakably tken to nevada. i am a california medical card holder and when i lived in nevada for a year in 2007 i qualified for a medical card in their state. i was yelled at by the juge and told by judge JIM ENEARL( a douglas county judge) i was a criminal and that he knows marijuana has no medicinal use whatsoever and is a joke. in nevada a pipe is punishable by 30 days in jail and is a misdemeanor possesion of DRUG PARAPHENELIA ( same as crack pipe and ****** needle)!!!!!!! i was charged 300 dollars and sentenced to 1 year informal probation for one of the two pipes the other pipe was droped. this should show you just how different a shield can change the outcome of your case

-concerned medical patient

I suggest anyone who is upset about this obvious blatant favorizum to contact the people here. Like the DA.

DA contact info from link below.
District Attorney Lake Tahoe (775) 586-7215
Minden (775) 782-9800

NEVADA STATE AND FEDERAL ELECTED OFFICIALS

NEVADA GOVERNOR JIM GIBBONS - Rep
(775)684-5670
101 N. Carson St.
Carson City, NV 89701

NEVADA STATE SENATOR: MARK AMODEI - Rep
687-0202 / Office
Capital Division 402 North Division St.
Carson City, NV 89703
mamodei@sen.state.nv.us

NEVADA STATE SENATOR: MIKE McGINNESS - Rep
423-5889 / Home
Central Division 770 Wildes Road
Fallon, NV 89406
mmcginness@sen.state.nv.us

NEVADA STATE ASSEMBLY: JAMES SETTELMEYER - Rep
(775) 265-7739
District No. 39 770 Highway 395
Gardnerville, NV 89410

U.S. SENATORS: JOHN ENSIGN - Rep
(202) 224-6244
(202) 224-1867 Fax
269 Russell Senate Office Bldg
Washington, D.C. 20510
senator@ensign.senate.gov
Carson City Office:
308 N. Curry St., Ste 103
Carson City, NV 89701

HARRY REID - Dem
(202) 224-3542
(202) 224-7327 Fax
528 Hart Senate Office Bldg.,
Washington, D.C. 20510
senator_reid@reid.senate.gov
Carson City Office:
705 North Plaza, Ste. 201
Carson City, NV 89701

U.S. REPRESENTATIVE
IN CONGRESS DEAN HELLER - Rep
District No. 2 (202) 225-6155
(202) 225-5679 Fax
100 Cannon House Office Bldg
Washington, D.C. 20515
Reno Office:
(775)686-5760
400 S. Virginia St., Ste 502
Reno, NV 89509

Source: East Fork Justice Court

---------

I did a quick google and found this.

Quote-Item: EnEarl’s name also came up in another interview conducted by Nevada Journal. A defendant challenging a speeding citation case before EnEarl offered evidence suggesting that the Douglas County sheriff’s deputy who issued the ticket had testified falsely before the court. According to witnesses, EnEarl told the defendant, "You’re telling me an officer in my court is lying? Keep saying that, and you’re going to jail!"

Before retiring as Captain within the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office, EnEarl had spent 17 years there. He won election to the East Fork Township seat in 1994, after—according to Douglas and Carson newspapers—explicitly and repeatedly assuring Douglas County voters he would not be reflexively biased in favor of fellow sheriff’s deputies.

Nevada Journal: A Law Unto Themselves

--------
I would suggest this bad seed of a judge be voted out in the next election.
Justice of the Peace
- East Fork Township Jim EnEarl - Nonpartisan Office
782-9955 6 year Dec 31, 2012

From here,
Elections

Let your voices be heard and make your votes count in 2012 against this Pharmaceutical pushing vicious judge.

Here is a case I could not find out the outcome of the link is gone. If anyone wants to verify his bias again here is a starting point.

Deputy accused of stalking
Deputy accused of stalking | RecordCourier.com

September 15, 2007
[NV] Deputy Cypher domestic violence & DUI "taints our badge"
Douglas County sheriff's Deputy Jason Cypher was in Douglas County Jail after being arrested on charges of domestic battery against his wife and driving under the influence.

Deputy arrested for DUI, domestic battery
Behind The Blue Wall: [NV] Deputy Cypher domestic violence & DUI "taints our badge"

Here is the outcome, seems a misdemeanor conviction.

Officer's career ruined when he crossed the line | NevadaAppeal.com
On Friday former Douglas County Deputy Jason Cypher pleaded no contest to misdemeanor charges of driving under the influence and domestic battery in connection with a Sept. 14 incident involving his wife, who also works for the Sheriff's Office.

Cypher worked for the people of Douglas County for 15 years. He rose to the rank of sergeant and was an investigator for the sheriff's office.

Until that fateful date, Cypher's name appeared in the press as a contact for tips or to announce the safe return of a hiker who had gone missing.

Nothing that has been released about his record has indicated he was anything but a dedicated law enforcement officer.

We hope that at his sentencing, scheduled for Dec. 3, we get to hear about the good things that Cypher did for Douglas County. We know there are many.

We are not excusing what Cypher did. When he turned to violence, he turned away from all the things that the uniform he wore stood for.

He knew the consequences better than most people. A person convicted of battery in this country cannot carry a firearm. That limitation wouldn't affect the career of a teacher, a business executive or even an editor. But it means the end of a career for a law enforcement officer.

We expect more from those who enforce the law, but we also recognize that they are people and are fallible.

The fate of Jason Cypher is a tragedy, but it teaches us that there are actions that cross a line from which there is usually no return.

---------
I am not able to find out his sentence here, Quick Case Search

anyone else having any luck finding it?

Back
Top Bottom