HotBoxed-MR2 Says Hello !

HotBoxedMR2

Hey guys,
uhh not sure what to say,
the name is danny, im from Washington.
my first grow will be this week or next (just gathering a few bits of info)
a friend just gave me some Super Silver Haze so my grow should pop up
in the grow room soon :D

If any of you out there have any tips or advice im all ears,
im going to try the Poor mans CFL grow out of a garbage can inside of my closet
lined with emergency blanket, im thinking 4 35 watt CFL's.

i wanna spend 200 or less, ive considered a cheap 1 or 2 plant hydro setup.
but i dont know what im doing in that department.

anyways, whats up! and any advice is appreciated.

Oh - im having a hard time understanding the ph thing, and when it is important, i could start my plants right now, but there is just too much i dont
feel like i know enough about, and im *scared* ? lol

HotBoxedMR2 nice to meet you! :welcome: Danny Boy, this link is a good bookmark because it talks about Everything! How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know. Hints the name. PH talk is about a 3rd the way down. Keep reading, Don't be scared, take your time please don't starting a grow intil your ready. Rushing is not good. Ask all the question you can not find answers to. But that link pretty much Covers all things Cannabis. 420 is here and has the Very Best Members that want to see you enjoy and understand your first grow. We are here for you. Soil would be best for the set-up you mention in your Closet. Please keep in touch by the :surf: forums, we will be looking for you there friend. :roorrip: :peace:

Vote in the November Contests going on now!

420 Contests - 420 Magazine. Great way to get to know some great members too.

HotBoxedMR2 nice to meet you! :welcome: Danny Boy, this link is a good bookmark because it talks about Everything! How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know. Hints the name. PH talk is about a 3rd the way down. Keep reading, Don't be scared, take your time please don't starting a grow intil your ready. Rushing is not good. Ask all the question you can not find answers to. But that link pretty much Covers all things Cannabis. 420 is here and has the Very Best Members that want to see you enjoy and understand your first grow. We are here for you. Soil would be best for the set-up you mention in your Closet. Please keep in touch by the :surf: forums, we will be looking for you there friend. :roorrip: :peace:

Vote in the November Contests going on now!

420 Contests - 420 Magazine. Great way to get to know some great members too.

Hey man thanks for a great welcome!
ill be using soil, ive looked into the FFoF/perlite stuff, and that is the route im going to go, i wanna start germinating these seeds asap in a napkin for like 48 hours then get it in some soil with direct light.

1 question i had, during the beginning of the grow, i saw something about how to clone, where you cut a 2 liter bottle in half and stick the bottom half over the clone with direct light and it will create humidity which helps the clone grow..

would this work well with getting the seeds to sprout?

anyone have any suggestions on which type of soil is the best? (does it matter?)

i got so many questions, and im really anxious to begin my grow

It is a very exciting time! I feel ya Bro! Any soil but Miracle-Gro with Fox Farm being best. You can use A humidor type starter but remove cover when seedling pops out of soil. You will got many more answers and input posting other questions in here,...
Frequently Asked Questions - 420 Magazine.
Greenest Regards, You can do this Buddy!
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

It is a very exciting time! I feel ya Bro! Any soil but Miracle-Gro with Fox Farm being best. You can use A humidor type starter but remove cover when seedling pops out of soil. You will got many more answers and input posting other questions in here,...
Frequently Asked Questions - 420 Magazine.
Greenest Regards, You can do this Buddy!
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Ahhh ^_^
Another good few hours of reading up.
i spend too many (not enough) hours inside of the frequently asked questions :D im going to buy Miracle-Gro, and research tonight about Fox Farm, ive personally never heard of it, and would like to know more.

List
1. 2x ACE Hardware Garbage can (with lid)
2. 2x Emergency blankets
3. Miracle-Gro and Fox Farm (going to give it a shot)
4. Spray bottle
5. 3x 2 way light fictures (the Y splitters)
6. 4 35watt (to start) CFL's
7. PH tester
8. PH additives +/- (getting both to be on the safe side)
9. some carbon filters

hopefully i didnt miss anything but im going to buy those and give her a whirl
wish me luck! and if i missed anything, or you have any personal experiences. do's and don'ts feel free to lend me some advice, and help me avoid some problems in the future...

i got no bud right now, but damn im excited :D i have a natural high right now
its pleasant

so im going for gold. putting 1 of my seeds in a paper towel tonight with a light on it

i just found a bunch of mirrors in the garage. i might make a mirrored box

pros and cons anyone?

I thought I was clear in saying to stay away from Miracle-Gro? My Bad. One more thing Seeds do not need light, infact to germ seed it is best to supply warmth and NO light, darkness is perfered. Intil Tap root is 1/2 inch long then place in soil and add light, Oh and Mirrors not the best idea, Try flat white paint or read this,..
What Reflective Materials Can I Use For My Grow Room?. Good Luck! :cheer:

I thought I was clear in saying to stay away from Miracle-Gro? My Bad. One more thing Seeds do not need light, infact to germ seed it is best to supply warmth and NO light, darkness is perfered. Intil Tap root is 1/2 inch long then place in soil and add light, Oh and Mirrors not the best idea, Try flat white paint or read this,..
What Reflective Materials Can I Use For My Grow Room?. Good Luck! :cheer:

i know i know!!! i wanna kick myself lol.
i must of been tired last night or something.

things ive ruled out
no miracle-gro
no mirrors
germinate in pitch black cup (which im doing now)
its been 12 hours now and it looks like just a ITTY BITTY poke from the seed

buying grow room supplies in about 30 minutes, pictures of the room will follow!

Updated Pictures of grow room

Updates - I finished the super ghetto growing room, dont laugh guys. its temporary and strictly for learning purposes, if its successful enough the future will be different (hydro)

anyways here are some pics
9 Months Pregnant, she should pop any day now :D

First initial setup with the lights, 2x 26watt, and 2x 35watt? (bassically 100watts x2 and 150watts x2, but you cant really go by the box can you?

Intake side of the garbage can, and the old exhaust shoot setup, weve since changed to a quieter but bigger 120mm pc fan, and added an 80mm intake fan, and dropped the temps from 105 with 0 humidity, to 84 with 29% humidity

:welcome: :bong:

Clones are covered to ensure ultra-high humidity. This is necessary because they don't yet have a root system.

The dome capping isn't necessary when growing from seed

Welcome to 420 Magazine :welcome:

Maybe you'll start a grow journal?

Back
Top Bottom