How are my plants looking?

brangit

420 Member
I'm a new member and a new grower. This is my 1st attempt and I've been consistently over-watering due to misunderstanding how plants use water and how the Peat moss mixed in with my coco retains water. I'm attempting to recover form these mistakes and jope to get a bit of input

I'm at day 16 and have transplanted my 3x Candida CD1 $ 1x Jack Herrer (seedsman) into 5 gallon pots. I've consistently over-watered and I'm trying to get that under control. It;s been 4 days since I watered and I'm going to wait until the medium is dry 2 inches down. I've drilled holes in my pots and put them on air circulation stands.

There is the typical yellowing and brown tips from over-watering as well as on the new growth but the newer leaves seem healthier so I think I;m making progress.

I wonder if anyone can weigh in on the pictures and tell me what they think. The pics are not true to color but it;s the best I can do in my situation, I don;t have a bright place away from the CMH, photoshop color correction is used

equipment:
3 x 3 x 6.6' tent,
carbon filter/inline fan
Oil radiator heater
air circulation fan
315 Watt CMH light

temp is kept between 74 and 81 degrees, Humidity is low at around 40%, attempts to raise it have failed. I've thought about getting a mist machine but wanted to avoid mold or bugs, even though it's winter.

brangit Gallery - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

thanks for reading

Thanks much for taking a look and your input. I'm planning on doing Manifold training when I get 6 nodes. LST will follow to bend and hold the main cola branches.

The yellowing and browning tips, do you think this is still showing results of over-watering? I'm thinking it is and will resolve but I may have the light too low? Light burn? It's set at around 24" above, seems high to me, laser temp at leaf is 80-85F

The pots are lighter day by day, still retaining water, though. Pretty sure it;s the peat moss, I don't think I'll use that mix again

Thanks again

my coco/peat mix is charged to handle nutes for the first few weeks. on top of that I used a 1ml/liter of Sensi-Grow pH perfect A/B. Ph tested between 5-6.
thanks for the link

I'm a new member and a new grower. This is my 1st attempt and I've been consistently over-watering due to misunderstanding how plants use water and how the Peat moss mixed in with my coco retains water. I'm attempting to recover form these mistakes and jope to get a bit of input

I'm at day 16 and have transplanted my 3x Candida CD1 $ 1x Jack Herrer (seedsman) into 5 gallon pots. I've consistently over-watered and I'm trying to get that under control. It;s been 4 days since I watered and I'm going to wait until the medium is dry 2 inches down. I've drilled holes in my pots and put them on air circulation stands.

There is the typical yellowing and brown tips from over-watering as well as on the new growth but the newer leaves seem healthier so I think I;m making progress.

I wonder if anyone can weigh in on the pictures and tell me what they think. The pics are not true to color but it;s the best I can do in my situation, I don;t have a bright place away from the CMH, photoshop color correction is used

equipment:
3 x 3 x 6.6' tent,
carbon filter/inline fan
Oil radiator heater
air circulation fan
315 Watt CMH light

temp is kept between 74 and 81 degrees, Humidity is low at around 40%, attempts to raise it have failed. I've thought about getting a mist machine but wanted to avoid mold or bugs, even though it's winter.

brangit Gallery - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

thanks for reading
Take a spary bottle and mist the inside of your tent walls. That will raise the humidity.

Also what nutrients are you giving and are you p.h`ing the water?.Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial. regards

thanks. Medium is charged so very little nutrients until about 4 weeks. I did use 1/2ml per quart of Sensi-Grow Perfect pH on the seedlings but stopped. I'll resume the food at 1/2 strength (2ml per liter) for a week then up it to 3 ml/liter.

I am pH'ing the water to about 5.5 to 6. The Sensi-Grow will take over that job when I start up again. That stuff really does make perfect 5.8 water.

My thoughts today are that the coco is charged higher than the young plants like and will balanced out as they grow. I'm watching the new nodes come in.

low humidity might be a factor?

Back
Top Bottom