How are the police in CO?

Creeper

I was just curious what your impressions of CO police officers are concerning their attitudes towards MMJ, possession, etc., since MMJ has become more prevalent in your state? There's the possibility I may be relocating, and would like to get a resident's feel for those that are supposed to protect & serve.

For example, I've had the unfortunate luck of living in both AZ and FL - two states that take a very hard line on possession charges and treat everyone they come across as a possible trafficker. Even when you haven't done anything wrong, there's still a lot of intimidation and, I feel, harassment.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

:joint: Creeper

High. I'm a native and can attest that the cops here are the same as they are everywhere. All of my bad encounters were only because I was in the doing bad stuff. Don't give them an oppurtunity to come down on you and you shouldn't have any problems. :grinjoint:I've been on both sides as a MP in the army and a felony drug charge. Even in the army, the cops go nutty with power when given a badge and a gun. I'm sure it's only worse on civilian forces.
Always cover your ass accordingly and know your rights because they all want to make a bust. The MMJ issues are always in the news here in Denver, but the cops have been real easy on a friend who got pulled over for a traffic violation. He had a joint in the ashtray and was visible. He presented his red card and the cop let him go. "In a private place" in my opinion doesnt mean in a car he is driving! Dummy was lucky because he was in violation of the lenient laws here currently. As long as you handle the situation responsibly, you shouldn't have a problem in one of the best states I've been to or through.:welcome:

OK cool, thanks for the insight. That police officer that let your buddy go must be quietly pro-mmj... less work for him!

Anyhow, I suppose you're right. Being prudent and careful are the most important things. I used to be in the Navy, myself, and know exactly what you're talking about as far as MP-types go. Instead of MP's, we had Masters at Arms and NCIS. If you got in trouble, they never had a problem reminding you that your ass was owned by the US Govt and you have no rights.

As long as you handle the situation responsibly, you shouldn't have a problem in one of the best states I've been to or through.

In your opinion, what makes it one of the best?

it depends where you are at in Colorado too... Some of our small counties and stuff are still fighting the reality of the situation... As for Denver, I think if you are caught with an ounce and don't have a card then it is a misdemeanor and a $25.00 fine.

Wow! I can't imagine being caught with an oz and being fined $25.

Where I am now, in FL, over 20g to 25lbs is a felony with 5yrs + $5000 fine.

Anything under 20g is a misdemeanor with 1yr + $1000 fine. It's very, very harsh here. Worst in the country, I think.

Over 25lbs and you will be serving mandatory minimum sentences of varying length. It's crazy!

Back
Top Bottom