how can i shorten the veg stage?

blueberrykush#1

How can i shorten the veg stage and keep the plant really, really small(i need it to be about a foot or so)? :Rasta: Thanks for your answers

Shorten the veg stage? Veg stage is from when it gets its first leaves until you flower. All you need to do is grow your plant to 1' and then switch it up to flowering nutes and a 12/12 light cycle, your plants will start budding. The plant being fairly short should finish a little early with your final plant height around 2-2.5 feet. If you want a short bushy plant try a topping technique or get a strain known for that particular trait. I take it your grow space is not all that large, make sure to have plenty of ventillation.

I got another question on that topic....could you shorten the veg stage to trick the plant to see if its male or female before u put it outside?

yes, put your plant into 12/12 and then see its sex then you can send it back to vege once you know but you have to use 24hrs lights on for 1 week then go back to 18/6.

if you want a plant under a foot, you're going to have to train the HELL out of it... you don't NEED to shorten the veg time, but remember, you can force flower at any point by just switching to a 12/12 light cycle... and try not to force flower then put back into veg... it actually causes the plant quite a bit of stress... more than topping it a few times... what you can do, is keep the veg stage as long as you need, but keep tying the plants down, and take a clone as soon as you can... then throw the clone into flowering, and there you go... and a clone flowered right from the get-go will be under 2 feet tall... sometimes they'll stay under a foot... untied... but honestly, if you don't mind the extra work, LST (low stress training) is the way to go... i fell in love with the technique, and it works miracles... i vegged my last plant for 2 months, tying the HELL out of it... when i put it into flowering, it was only 4" tall, granted it took up a square foot horizontally, but when it was done, it was only 10" tall, and i yielded over an ounce off of it... there is one thing i swear by for growing, and one other thing i swear by for growing in small spaces... Compact fluorescent bulbs for vegging, and LST for small spaces... they're the greatest things i've discovered since i started growing... i prefer to top at the 4th node, but it's really unnecessary... i just do it cuz i like the way it looks

to kepp it short, find the highth u want, and cut the top off, it will grow back 2 and as soon as it grows back and starts to fomr leaves again, put on 12/12 and it will bud and u will have 2 colas, and a short, bushier plant.
:peace: :bongrip:

weediologist said:
yes, put your plant into 12/12 and then see its sex then you can send it back to vege once you know but you have to use 24hrs lights on for 1 week then go back to 18/6.

glad you mentioned about the 24 hours before 18/6,,,thanks,:allgood:

snugglefunked said:
if you want a plant under a foot, you're going to have to train the HELL out of it... you don't NEED to shorten the veg time, but remember, you can force flower at any point by just switching to a 12/12 light cycle... and try not to force flower then put back into veg... it actually causes the plant quite a bit of stress... more than topping it a few times... what you can do, is keep the veg stage as long as you need, but keep tying the plants down, and take a clone as soon as you can... then throw the clone into flowering, and there you go... and a clone flowered right from the get-go will be under 2 feet tall... sometimes they'll stay under a foot... untied... but honestly, if you don't mind the extra work, LST (low stress training) is the way to go... i fell in love with the technique, and it works miracles... i vegged my last plant for 2 months, tying the HELL out of it... when i put it into flowering, it was only 4" tall, granted it took up a square foot horizontally, but when it was done, it was only 10" tall, and i yielded over an ounce off of it... there is one thing i swear by for growing, and one other thing i swear by for growing in small spaces... Compact fluorescent bulbs for vegging, and LST for small spaces... they're the greatest things i've discovered since i started growing... i prefer to top at the 4th node, but it's really unnecessary... i just do it cuz i like the way it looks

I wish I'd known this about 10 weeks ago, great info Snuggle. I have two herbs vegging from bag seed, about 1' at the moment, topped in the 5 week
(6th node), and both are lush as hell. Meaning that both plants put off two additional stems perpendicular to the main tops, making four beautiful compact (lottsa leaf growth) tops, with new growth stemming out from each leaf joint on all four stems. There's an obvious strain diff, subtle, but one is lighter in color, with a hint of red viewed on the sides of it's tighter, narrower, delicate leaves. I just hope their ladies. I'll try bending one of the smaller stems down on each herb for the cloning method.

This is my first grow in years, and thanks to everyone on the board, have learned a lot, including your tips I'll follow on the next batch. Thanks again.

Gonna have to read up on image submission, pics worth a kazillion words.

man jus do it how i do it .... grow ur plant 12/12 cycle... from seed and by time its 1 foot high its starts buddin by itself n jus keep the 12/12 cycle goin on .. it will grow bout 2 feet high and all bud

Gotta be an easier way to post a pic than take a URL language class...damn, wanted to show off my babies

It's so easy.

Just take your picture off of your camera, upload it to the gallery, right click the picture (assuming you are using IE here), click Properties, copt the URL, and then just paste it into your post. Add before it and after.

Hey, thanks for the tip, appreciate it, uploaded the two pics I wanted to show, but looks like I gotta wait for the site to update, did get a confirnation, so it's hurry up and wait...thanks again

Hopefully, I have this right.....

wk10C620.JPG

screw it, pics are in the members gallery, unless the URL has a bug, I haven't a clue why they didn't post, another eason why god gave us herb, keeps us from getting pissed off.

Back
Top Bottom