How do I make Cannasoda?

TheKiller

I have asked a similar question on here regarding a cannasweetener I found ONCE.. not one reply. come on someone MUST know how this is made?

The sweetener was very much like a low glycimic blue agave cactus sweetener I found at costco awhile back , same base flavor.. but of course not active enuff for my needs, and no idea how to mix a base sugar with cannabis...

Please anyone know how to produce these items?

Pal in SD has told me about the cannasodas in the local dispensaries.. but no idea how to make them...Kushtown sodas and other products.

Thanks for any help folks

Anyone??

Thanks PG, I understand the chemistry.. but its being done somehow.. some like it others do not...

If its a bubbily drink, I guess that would techicnicly be a "soda".. I can't remember the last time I had a any pop or soda.

I am not a big smoker, have to limit my fat intake and am also not a huge fan of sugery stuff.. so looking for other options?

Anyway , thnak for the post..

Logic would have me say that if the solvent is evaporated from an extract, the residue would then be usable in any form. So you could then take that and add to anything really. At least this is my theory.

Hey Thanks Chrome, I do believe what you just described was more akin to hash ... still not a sweet mixture of some kind?

I will find out.. trust that.. I will !

;)

Great thought, but would the THC(and other cannbinoids) mix in? Possibly heated to around 120, for a few hours?

This may be it.

Think if this worked, then switching a low glycimic sweetener ,such as Blue Agave sweetener would work also?

If it mixed in well enough and was used in heated applications, then should be OK.

Should be able to use any saved resins(my keif box rarely gets used.. pretty full right now.) , rather than going to the hassle of making ISO hash.
Still wondering how the soda would work(cold soda)?

Just using a shot of sweetener in my morning Joe would be nice.

Thanks for the help... always lookin to learn.

Its Harvest trim day .. have been checking Online while I rest my old twisted back.. Too old for this shit... buts its sooo worth the effort!

Back to it.

I read some place, but I cant remember where that some solvents processes the THC same as heat does. So you probably wouldn't need to heat it, though for mixing your probably right, You might want to heat the mix up to evenly distribute it.

Try canna-milk. The butterfat in warm milk can merge with(dissolve) cannabinoid resin. Then drink with sweet hot tea.
I use canna-canola oil, but not in my tea. A talented cook may be able to emulsify with lecithin into some yummy sweet concoction. Chilled and/or carbonated, call it what you like.
English muffins with canna butter & jam starts a nice day ;)

Easy.

1. First do an alcohol extraction and boil off or distill most of the alcohol so you are left with just enough alcohol to move the extract to another container.

2. Follow any basic homemade soda recipe. (Try this delicious Blueberry Soda recipe by Alton Brown.)

3. Add the extract from part 1 to the soda syrup made in part two at the end and heat just enough to boil off the rest of the alcohol.

4. Add homemade soda syrup to club soda and ice. Make sure you shake the syrup before using since you are making a regular mixture, not a solution. **looking out of the corner of my eye half-expecting my high school chemistry teacher to suddenly appear and bonk me on the noggin - but I think I have it right. :) **

Looks like I missed the window to edit my post.

One thing to add to the above post is that you will have to compensate for the water in the alcohol that you are using; otherwise, it could throw off the recipe. I was thinking of using ~100% alcohol, so I forgot to mention it.

Thanks all for the different directions... I love to play with this stuff..;)

Made a simple sweetener with basically iso hash, just as Curiosity mentioned.

Mixed on a double boiler the hash mixture and the Agave sweetener.. came out nicely... maybe a bit chunky?

I could , if needed, filter the chunks out.. but for my needs.. no worries.

Works like a champ... great stuff...

haven't mixed with soda yet.. pretty happy with the agave for now.. well that and the 2 gallons of Cannavodka I made..

Did the double boiler on that also.. after it had sat in a dark, cool closet for 4 weeks, I restrained it and then reduced the alcohol by at least a 3rd.. strain 3-5 times thru non bleached coffee filters... tastes like high test boiled grass.. an acquired taste for sure... but it simply knocks any and all pain away... gone....

If I do 3 shots, life is all warm and fuzzy.. 4 shots, well 4 is too much for me... 6 foot 1 inch and 210 pounds...after 3-5 hours smoke a bit and it all comes back... nice....

Think that I will stick with the Cannavodka for now... have experimented with soooo many others uses.... next harvest.. 5 gallons!!

Oh, I use 80 proof vodka(most info out there, says to use 160proof plus.. theres no need to use that high level, other than a possible shorter processing time?), and approx 100 grams per.. mostly bud.. but some shulf tossed in....

In essence soda is a variety of flavored oils suspended in an emulsion that is then made into a syrup.

So a cola is: orange oil, lime oil, lemon oil, nutmeg oil, bergamot oil, cassia oil, coriander oil,
and lavender oil that is emulsified with gum arabic. That is the basis for the syrup.

I am by far no expert on thc cooking, but if you have thc oil you could do it proper.

All ingredients listed are in metric units.

Flavoring

* 3.50 mL orange oil
* 1.00 mL lemon oil
* 1.00 mL nutmeg oil
* 1.25 ml cassia (cinnamon) oil
* 0.25 mL coriander oil
* 0.25 mL neroli oil (similar to petitgrain, bergamot, or bitter orange oil)
* 2.75 mL lime oil
* 0.25 mL lavender oil
* 10.0 g food-grade, NOT ART-GRADE gum arabic (thickener)
* 3.00 mL water

Concentrate

* 5 mL flavoring
* 17.5 mL 75% citric acid or phosphoric acid
* 2.00 L water
* 2.00 kg granulated white sugar
* 2.5 mL caffeine (optional as it won't change taste of drink)
* 30.0 mL caramel color

How to Make OpenCola: 10 steps - wikiHow

Hmm, I wonder if you could make CannaMilk with half and half, and use that to make Italian Sodas?

Carbonated water
1/4 cup half and half
7 tablespoons of any flavored syrup
Ice
Whipped cream

Probably easier for a beginner (such as myself) to pull off, and you have dozens of flavour options.
Yes/No? Improvements? Ideas?

The trick to cannasoda is simple. I've made several and have had success with each batch. The problem is it takes time and if you are willing to be patient, the reward far exceeds any alcohol-based soda.
Decarb your material and soak it in food grade glycerin for 60 days or more, rolling or shaking for 5 minutes every day. Lightly heat mixture (NEVER more than 170 deg F!!!), allow to cool, and strain. You can even add natural flavorings such as cinnamon or vanilla during the heating stage. More fragile natural flavors like lavender should be cold-infused during the 60 day period to preserve their integrity.
You now have a sugar substitute that works well for hard candies, sweets, ice cream, soda, etc.
Be creative and if you get the chance, you really should try a lavender soda!

I gotta try lavender soda - but thinking about trying some glycerin tincture with a ginger infusion, just add club soda for the bubbles....and skip the sugar syrup. Thanks MeRockBrewer!

Lavender turned out to be one of my favorites also. The fun is in the experimenting with flavors! Maybe look up some old fashioned root-beer / sarsaparilla recipes; you can find some that date back a hundred years and it gives you an idea of what they had available in the era. Very different but still fun to pass out to your friends

Back
Top Bottom