How do I properly dry and cure my harvest?

When we jar do we leave the buds on the stems or do we cut the buds to final size? And do we trim the buds prior to jarring? IE: the sugar leaves?

It depends on our preference I would say ;) I trimmed everything right after harvest this time to get a little faster drying time ..

So I have all my different strains at different drying/curing points in Ball Wide Mouth Quart and Pint size caning jars. Some have been curing from anywhere from 2 weeks to 5 weeks. I just bought a foodsaver vacuum sealer, and I want to know at what point can I start vacuum sealing the jars, so I dont' have to worry about them anymore?

What I mean is, is it ok or when is ok that they don't refreshed air (opening/burping the jar one a day or week?)?

Everything each jar is at 62%.

I also have 62% humidipaks. So if it's ok to vacuum seal the jars, should I put the humidipak inside or no since there isn't any air in the jar anyway. I would imagine that I should only use the humidipak after I open that jar to adjust the humidity level if need be. This is also my thinking because I have read that the humidipak can mess with the flavor if in the jar with the weed for too long (months).

Any thoughts or suggestions is appreciated.

I would be vacuum sealing in jars not bags, so the weed doesn't get crushed.

Thanks everyone in advance.

So I have all my different strains at different drying/curing points in Ball Wide Mouth Quart and Pint size caning jars. Some have been curing from anywhere from 2 weeks to 5 weeks. I just bought a foodsaver vacuum sealer, and I want to know at what point can I start vacuum sealing the jars, so I dont' have to worry about them anymore?

What I mean is, is it ok or when is ok that they don't refreshed air (opening/burping the jar one a day or week?)?

Everything each jar is at 62%.

I also have 62% humidipaks. So if it's ok to vacuum seal the jars, should I put the humidipak inside or no since there isn't any air in the jar anyway. I would imagine that I should only use the humidipak after I open that jar to adjust the humidity level if need be. This is also my thinking because I have read that the humidipak can mess with the flavor if in the jar with the weed for too long (months).

Any thoughts or suggestions is appreciated.

I would be vacuum sealing in jars not bags, so the weed doesn't get crushed.

Thanks everyone in advance.
You should burp it for the first week at least maybe 10 days. Depends on how good your flush and finish is before you decide to harvest. If you have nice dense buds, it'll take less time to dry and start to freshen faster. 7days minimum

Sent from my LGMS631 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks but that didn't answer any of my questions about curing in canning jars after drying/curing (which means burping til 62%) 2 -5 weeks in jars.

I have experience with drying and curing, does anyone have experience with curing in canning jars doing vacuum sealing after it hits 62%, all questions above. Thanks.

You should burp it for the first week at least maybe 10 days. Depends on how good your flush and finish is before you decide to harvest. If you have nice dense buds, it'll take less time to dry and start to freshen faster. 7days minimum

Sent from my LGMS631 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks but that didn't answer any of my questions about curing in canning jars after drying/curing (which means burping til 62%) 2 -5 weeks in jars.

I have experience with drying and curing, does anyone have experience with curing in canning jars doing vacuum sealing after it hits 62%, all questions above. Thanks.
If kept in canning jars for long periods of time for example months you should still let fresh air in even if it's only 30 seconds. Leaving the jars closed and not letting fresh air in can cause mildew even when fully dried and cured.

Drying and curing is quite simple to perform this wait until the plant has reached full maturity and that 50 to 70% of the pistils have turned orange red or brown then simple cut the plant trim the bud and place in a dark room with no light or moisture if light hits the drying bud it can damage the thc potency. After the branches are dry and snap easily then finish the trim on the bud and jar it and open the jar for about 6 hours a day and do this for 4 to 8 weeks 8 weeks is the pinnacle time for it to be ready to smoke .

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom