How do I transfer newly rooted clones to hydro drip system?

Mongo100

So I transferred a newly rooted clone from a humid terrarium and put into my hydro drip buckets with nutrients about 1000ppm. I went to check on it 30 mins later and it looks horrible...very droopy!! How do I avoid this?? Thank you!

Greets,

First off, transplanting a newly rooted clone with any ferts at all is ill advised in my opinion. The new roots are still under developed and very sensitive.

I would immediately flush the plant use just water and a lil superthrive - I said immediately... stop reading and start flushing..... Normally I would just use water and superthrive - the superthrive seems to help with transplant shock.

Once the plant recovers, which hopefully will be fairly quick or if more seriously damaged it could become stunted and take weeks to recover.. one recovered, i would start out with no more than a 1/4 str to 1/3 str nutes.

Thanks Storm,
I did put the clone back in the terrarium and she did recover. Usually I transplant to soil and go that route but I just built a drip system and I thought I could put the new clone in with the 3 week old gals....big mistake!! That was amazing how fast she layed her leaves down and was pretty much dying! So would you use around a 300ppm nutrient solution for the babies?? Right now I am using around 1000ppm for the 3 week olds and they look great. Ill post pictures soon! Also, should I use around a 1800ppm for the flowers?? Soil that ppm was working fine but I dunno about the drip/hydro system...:goodjob:

I would transplant into just water - with a 1/4 tsp/gal of superthrive added (this helps with transplant shock)

At time of transplant I would also a use a foliar spray once - of Thrive Alive B-1 green (this helps promote growth and avoids damage to the delicate infant roots)...

After a couple (2) days I would add some sugardaddy and root66 - 1tsp each/gal to res... let that go for the remainder of the week or a full week.

Then start using 1/4str to 1/3 str nuts.... and graduate to full str.

Thats what i would do as it has worked well for me

Back
Top Bottom