Need help cloning please help!

maryjanegrowa

Hey everyone, every time i clone all of em droop over, i dont know why im doing everything to spec, only one has stayed standing, ill tell u guy the way im doing it...
-I cut a stem that has 3-4 set of leaves (about to sprout anouther set)
- then i cut a 45 degree angle
- then dip it in clonex rooting gel
- put it in a rockwool cube that bin soakin in water for 30 mins but take it out till it stops dripping
- then cut all the tips of leaves off so energy goes to roots
- put in humidity dome at 30 degrees Celsius and 70% humidity

Theyre still green but theyre really droopy if not flattened, nothing has touched em or anything :(

Pleaasse help

Hmmm. I'm not a cloning expert but usually it's pretty easy. The times I had trouble were when apparently I got a bit of a root rot epidemic in my plants.
Your temps could be lower -like 25, or even a few degrees lower. They root best for me when the rockwool is just moist but not wet. Though I start out wet and let it dry to the 'moist' stage and then baby it after that.
How long are you keeping the dome on for? Could they be staying too wet, hot, and then rotting?
What sort of light above them? All they need is a cfl

There 180w led and 54w t5 ho, with the mothers and the dome is on all the time, and the cubes are moist, every once and awhile ill spray em is there dry, i just cloned them yesterday

So are you saying this is the first time you've tried cloning and you have just been going for a day now, or that you've tried cloning before but they always droop and don't root? They will often be droopy at first then perk up. It's a bit hot, and a bit bright in there. If you have the space - I put mine over in one corner of my veg room, down low where it's a bit cooler, away from the bright lights, under a single cfl.

Ya this is my first time, i didnt know they usually droop, but thanks for all your help ill leave em alone to see what they do. Thanks man

Lol fiiinally got em to work after all this time, this time i was manifolding and i took all the nodes i cut off and said what the hell might as well giver a shot, but this time i did 1 thing different that i seen before, i scraped the bottom of the stem and instead of using rockwool or jiffy pellets i just used promix hp and a humidity dome i got off buddy, and after almost a week they're still standing tall and green @ 30C and 75-80% humidity under 1 of my 54w t5 i honestly cant belived it worked after almost 30-40 cuttings lol

Right on man at least you got 3 outta it, my first tries i did about 16 the first time, they drooped like crazy from an hour after i cut em to a week later then turned brown with little nubs at the stem were th roots are supposed to be then died and there was only 1 that had potential but then died the next day after turning bright green and all of em were done using different ways like one had the cut down the stem once the other was cut into 4s at the bottom some had different types of gel that i got from buddy an so on but none ever worked till now for some reason and this time i just scraped it at the bottom and cut it through the middle an on a 45degree cut with the resin filled scissors for the first 3 then i found my knife and used that for the other 3 but it looks like both are doing the same thing and half i used rootex an the other half i used hydroponic gel i think its called? Its green stuff anyways, but really happy it finally worked

I like to use a razor and split the bottom of the stem in half then dip in rooting powder. I don't use a humidity dome. The strain I have didn't respond well to it, instead they are in the open and get misted with a light nute and molasses mix and they take off super fast and healthy. Just another method.

When I was actually trying I used a razor it's just I went through almost 40-50 cuttings and was basically done with it when then I just did it with what I had lying around otherwise I would've done it the sterile way

Back
Top Bottom