Cloning using a DIY Aerocloner

Hozona

It looks like it has been a while since anyone has posted anything about cloning. First I would like to say I have tried both the humidity dome AND without in a DIY aerocloner and have had success with the latter without all the fuss of a humidity dome.
Here is a picture of my DIY cloner.
IMG_054324.JPG

The on off timer I found on Amazon
IMG_028918.JPG

Take cuttings. Important to keep stems in water until prepping them
IMG_104028.JPG

I use Rapid Start in the cloner bucket and Clonex Gel ...White Shark on developed roots before transplanting in soil
IMG_103925.JPG

Cut stem at a 30 degree at the bottom of stem removing all but the very upper leaf sets. I have found splitting the stem helps, sometimes not...I think temps play a factor...
IMG_101928.JPG
Trim leaves so clones send more energy to roots not the leaves. Dip stem in Clonex (use seperate container otherwise you will contaminate it)
IMG_121526.JPG

Here are clones in the bucket. I wait to turn on pump a few minutes after all clones are in their places. Too soon can wash the gel away.
IMG_123927.JPG

And about a week later we have roots! I do mist the clones occaisionally while in cloner. NO HUMIDITY DOME NEEDED! :cheesygrinsmiley:
IMG_124028.JPG

I hope this post was helpful. BTW I have had success with clones from both flowering and vegging donors :cheesygrinsmiley:

Wow I haven't ever seen this post but I built a cloner just about the same way, except it was a bubble cloner and I made it with 20 sites

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using 420

I have something similar, it's what got my Zen Garden Hollands Hope going. It doesn't have 20 sites but I only need to run 6 at a time.So far with cloner gel I've had 100% success. If I have all 6 survive I give 2 away. I can only have 8 plants at one time and that's all I really need. I did my whole set up for less than $500 veg, clone, and flower.

I have something similar, it's what got my Zen Garden Hollands Hope going. It doesn't have 20 sites but I only need to run 6 at a time.So far with cloner gel I've had 100% success. If I have all 6 survive I give 2 away. I can only have 8 plants at one time and that's all I really need. I did my whole set up for less than $500 veg, clone, and flower.

Another Do It Yourselfer! McDs!! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Instead of cutting leaves to reduce photosynthesis, I just place my clones about 18" from CFLs. Twice the distance I use for new seedlings.

What works for me is what it is. There are lots of different ways to propagate clones; this is the way I chose for space. Bubble cloners work well also, into vermiculite with humidity dome, and just a plain old Solo cup of water. :cheesygrinsmiley: Different strokes for different folks. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom