Having trouble getting clones to root maybe some advice will help

TheChanger

I am using a basic clone dome with ph'd water, olivia's cloning gel, heat pad and cfl lights with led in the same tent but clones are close to cfl. Its been over 2 weeks still no roots. My humidity is up a lot dome always covered in water droplets, i spray daily to remaining leaves that i didnt cut off. Followed normal clone process just no roots. I am wondering if my gel went bad or something please any information would be appreciated oh yea all came from health mothers in veg

Sent from my SM-J320P using 420

If you don't mind I would like to follow as my I want to try cloning after I get my 2nd grow going. How long have you had your cloning gel? Maybe it expired??? But I really don't have any experience (yet) Good luck

Sent from my LGMS428 using 420

I got it 6 months ago in prep for this grow. Kept it at room temperature or colder never got hot at all. Only cracked the jar open 14 days ago. I just know from past clones that purple main stems means water is not flowing thru it anymore so that means they are dieing. Will send pics soon

If you don't mind I would like to follow as my I want to try cloning after I get my 2nd grow going. How long have you had your cloning gel? Maybe it expired??? But I really don't have any experience (yet) Good luck

Sent from my LGMS428 using 420
Would love for younto join, my next grow is vanilla kush and critical kush from barney's farm check them out online since you love kush so much

Sometimes If the cloning gel wasn't stored in a cool dry place, it can go bad.

Have you ever tried General Hydroponics Rapis Start? A small bottle is about $20 but it works wonders, rooted my clones 100% success rate

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Do you use any other gels or rooting agent or do you just add rapid start to you clone dome water. And soak them in a cup of water ph'd and rapid start so no embolism

dae90129d25dca0e5af6615c4b5c83e9.jpg

That is my dome right when i walk in so humidity is high, clones all cut like I always do heat pad water stays around 68 degrees. Idk just no roots yet

I use clonex and rapid start as directed on the bottle with slightly reduced nutrient strength until you see how they react.

You want to keep the temperatures in the Dome closer to 75-80 degrees with 80-90% humidity. Make sure that you are lifting the dome multiple times throughout the day to bring in fresh oxygen. That could be your issue, after a couple of days you should open the 2 vents on the top of the dome.

Cfl and led i know its no ideal but working with what i got tomorrow morning or in a lil I'll raise them closer to light and I'll try to raise temp humidity is definitely close to that I'll measure that as well

Its been more than a couple days so i am gonna crack the vents also hopefully i can get some roots this is 2nd time trying how do my cuttling look

The clones look good. Just make sure to lift the dome a couple times a day for a few seconds on top of having the vents open. Also when taking the cutting it's good to cut at a 45 degree angle with a sterilized blade, then put straight into a glass of water to keep from air getting inside the roots. Mineral water (ie. sparkling water) works even better, the plants love the bubbles. then cover cut with cloning agent and place into pellets

A few weeks ago I transplanted a mother to a larger pot and to help her out I also took a few clones.
The clones I literally just popped into a small glass of rainwater and left them on my bathroom window sill.
The larger clones around 20mm tall took very well and I had root formation in a week. Whereas the smaller guys about 10mm high took a bit longer.
No heat mats, humidity domes, ph'd water etc. was necessary.
The weather at the time was overcast and rainy and around 23'C average. Here in Durban it is a sub-tropical climate too.
The clones are now in pots and doing well.

I guess my point is that, it's a weed and will try grow pretty much anywhere. We don't necessarily need all the gadgets they try sell us.
Just give the plant close to what it would require and it'll be happy.

Unfortunately i live in pacific northwest usa. So climate is a big issue especially when using a basement
Very cold and drafty. I only used heat mat to try to raise humidity and get temp up. If it was summer i would clone just like you do or a lil clonex and water. But its hard when cold weather restricts you.

Back
Top Bottom