Cloning

DubVitals

third attempt at cloning, but no hope i have kept them warm & humid bought new humidity dome using soil, used rooting powder and rooting gel but still no such luck, any 1 got any tips i am really confused why my clones will not root!

thanks jay

You're just doing too much. I can't believe all these ways people use to clone plants. They go to so much trouble to clone plants and then lose half of them. What I do is the simplest possible way to clone. I take clones off the mother and stick them in a cup of water under 24 hours of light. I use a fixture that has 2x15W fluorescent tubes. No extra heat, no extra additives, no rooting get, nothing!!! If you do this, you will virtually have 100% success rate. 2-3 weeks and you will have roots.

ya, aero rocks, I built an aero cloner, and get about 100% success using root tech cloning gel, and tap water. After I cut my stems at a 45deg cut, I roll the cut parts in the gel, then just stuff em in the cloner, Usually 96-100% have roots in 4-7 days. Best way to clone I think..

You can always just do the old style method of cloning, that been around for centuries.

All you need is:
  • Cup/Container
  • pH'd water
  • Cuttings
  • A 6500k light bulb will do, but natural indirect sunlight is adequate

Just a little warning, do this method if you are not rushed for time, as root development can take 7 to 15 days. Once you see white root buds forming, you can stick that sucker into some moist soil and the root buds will grow to be roots in a couple days.
:goodluck:

:Namaste:

you need water, cloning gel(i use clonex) and rockwool. Thats it. keep it simple, cut, dip, stick, dome, add moisture to dome roof...light...no crazy nutes needed. spray clones twice a day and you are golden. People seem to over think cloning...its not as intimidating as it seems

Back
Top Bottom