How do you adjust feeding schedule?

Scooby_Snacks

While waiting for my main mother to grow large enough I've started fooling around with clones (given to me) straight to flower and also started some bag seeds right under 12/12. I'm using foxfarm nutes. Can anyone tell me how to adjust the feeding schedules or amount fed to account for the different methods? I'm thinking the seeds straight to 12/12 should be fed normally. The clones I'm thinking that's way to much but not sure how much to tone it down. Any help would be appreciated.

Starting seeds under 12/12 is not very wise. They need some weeks to get mature and in this time you only steal them 6 hours of light. Still: Seeds need no nutes at start. Plant them in light soil, repot when roots show, replant them in heavy soil and you dont need nutes for 6 weeks. Root stim and SuperVit not counted as nutes. They always do.

Clones should get 1-2 weeks of veg, too. In this time they have no roots so concentrate on that matter. Clonex or Willow Sap if you go organic. When the roots are ready for 12/12 the question is: how heavy is your soil? Heavy soil needs no nutes for many weeks. Giving nutes will only oversalt your soil.

Motherplants dont need very much nutes either. Give 1/2 dosage of root stim and 1/2 of veg ferts. As always: Use the leaves as indicator. When they go more light green/yellow give more nutes, if they go dark green or change the colour otherwise give less.

If you have a soil that gives your plant 100% of what it needs any more nutes will NOT help but be contraproductive. Stims not included.

Underfeeding never hurts much and is quickly cured. Overfeeding hurts very much and can only be cured by long and painful treatments. Easy as that!

Thanks both. I should correct one thing. With the clones I waited until they had roots. Only took 5 days. I don't expect much but whatever I get from these will be a bonus while I have plants vegging and new seeds started get going. I had some bad luck with males and I just switched from LED to T5 so I have a lot more extra room in my flower tent than I did before.

Thanks Again!

Back
Top Bottom