Light Schedule question

greenyman

So I've got this plant growing since June 3rd, this is my first attempt at growing so I'm kind of in the dark with some things, forgive me.

I had the lights on 24 hours straight while the plant was still small, when it started really growing (veg state?) I switched the lights to 12/12. From what I've been reading I feel I may have made a mistake and switched too early, the plant had put out quite a number of pistils, and I'm unsure at this point as to how to put the plant into flowering since I'm already on the 12/12 schedule.. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!!

Re: Light Schedule question.

If you on 12/12, then the plant should start flowering.. Usually it takes anywhere from 4 days to a week or 2 to see solid bud development. Also the first 2 weeks of 12/12 your plants my double and possibly triple in size.

You are already in flower. 12/12 causes flowering. If you have plenty of time, You can go back to veg but it will strain the plant. I would flower it out 12/12 and maybe do something different next time. I would love to have a lady in flower right now.

Hi mate, how are ya?? Yeah now because you have changed the lighting times to 12/12 she's going to start to flower and grow buds from now.. Usually people wait til their plants are a good 2/3ft tall then turn them to flower, as they grow a bit more once switched from 24/0..
Usually people run their lights 24/0 for the first few weeks, then 18/6 until theyre ready to flower them.. You can keep 24/0 but gains arent much and they naturally have dark, plus it saves money!
Now The Question here is : What type of lights are you using??
If you re using CFL's, you now need one's that are 2500k's, 6500k 's are for Veg.. Or if youre using a MH or HPS, a HPS is more suitable for flowering as it has the right spectrums plants need for flower. Mh are usually for Veg but can use either all the way if have to..Or a dual spectrum globe..
Make sure no light interrrupts the dark cycle, or youre plant wont flower properly and may turn Hermi- male+female, so keep her dark..
So next time you may want to veg your plant for say 2 months or if heights a factor, as big as you can make it.. Plants need less Nitrogen fertiliser during flower, more of P,K.. But a little N wont hurt, Are you growing in soil?? You may want to keep tabs on ur PH and what nutrients are available to ur plant, as they will show deficiencies quickly during flower as buds form, cos the plant needs a feed..
Good luck hope this helps you some.. Take it ez, SMOKEMUP..:thumb:

Thanks for all the great responses everybody!! I'm just going to stick with the 12/12 for now, don't want to stress too much. This will just have to be a learning experience for me I guess, haha. Next time I'm going to try the 18/6 for veg and see how that goes.

I'm just using a couple cfls I found laying around, really bright ones, and a 2 1/2 foot florescent bulb fixture with two bulbs in it hanging from the top. Not exactly the ideal lighting for the plants, hahaha. This whole project is on a very strict budget and I just wanted to see what I could do with what I've got!

As for the plants now, they look the same as when I posted this, I'm not sure if I'm just being impatient or not, but I feel like they're almost stuck or something.. idk. I'll try and get a couple photos in the next few days so you guys can see what I've got!

Back
Top Bottom