How high should my light be?

SmokingGood61

My new Seeds Came in. they are widow. snow white , confidential cheese an rocklock :) i germinated them first and then ploted but i got 2 23w cfl light around each pot . since they produce little heat i got them like 4 inchs away from plant and i got my 600w lamp bout 4 -5 feet from my plants since it produce alot of heat and i dont got a air cooling system yet.

i was just wondering is it good where the lights are or should i adjust them ?

;)

Re: how high should my light be ?

You don't say how tall your seedlings are, but the two CFL's should be fine for awhile. The distance from them sounds fine also. As they grow larger and get more roots pushing out, you can get those CFL's right up close.

The 600 watt, will of course need to be a distance away. The best test is to put your hand at canopy height and see how hot it gets. If you can keep your hand there without getting too hot, it should be fine.

Also remember each strain is slightly different on how it handles lights, nutes and environment.

You don't say how tall your seedlings are, but the two CFL's should be fine for awhile. The distance from them sounds fine also. As they grow larger and get more roots pushing out, you can get those CFL's right up close.

The 600 watt, will of course need to be a distance away. The best test is to put your hand at canopy height and see how hot it gets. If you can keep your hand there without getting too hot, it should be fine.

Also remember each strain is slightly different on how it handles lights, nutes and environment.

ooo thanks sounds good and my seedlings are bout 1inch big and i didnt know they handle lights and nutes and environment differently but. i got 2 white strains i believe ( white widow and snow white )
then it came with free seeds ( confidential cheese and rocklock)

ooo thanks sounds good and my seedlings are bout 1inch big and i didnt know they handle lights and nutes and environment differently but. i got 2 white strains i believe ( white widow and snow white )
then it came with free seeds ( confidential cheese and rocklock)

You might search the grow journals for those genetics and see if any one used the same nutes as you plan on. Would be good information.

thankz im bout to do that now lol :bravo:

Back
Top Bottom