How important is humidity (keeping it fresh)?

HighHowRU

I've had some herb now for about a year, maybe longer, and it still gets me off. I'm reading much about keeping it fresh in a glass or air-tight container, humidity disks, orange peel, stems, etc., to keep it from drying out.

Is stuff that is kept from drying out really that much better than old, dry stuff? I understand THC levels go down when it dries, but my year-old stuff really still kicks ass.

This time of year I usually keep my weed in a cigar humidor in the 65% RH range. The furnace dries the house and my weed out in winter. I've literally seen the weight of an oz. I've bought to stash away drop few grams in weight a few days due to the drying effect.

Bone dry bud is good for breaking up if you want to sift for hash. Other than that it just gives you a monster case of cotton mouth and you'll cough up anything you've swallowed in the past month w/ anything beyond a mini-puff. Dry bud ain't fun unless you want to work on it.

I like jars if it's a larger amount of weed. If you jar it up when you get it and follow what the folks here tell you it will stay fresh for months.

If you happen to get a dried out sack of buds,here's what you do. Roll the bag up so it won't spill,leaving the Zip-lock open,if it's one of those. Take a barely damp,not wet, washcloth/towel and wrap it around your bag of weed. Leave it in a safe spot overnight.(4-8 hours). In the morning you'll have rehydrated bud.

Back
Top Bottom