How is she doing?

nikkiannb

Well here's some new pictures of my plant since repotting it 9 days ago. And getting new grow lights and a humidity and temperature gauge for my grow room. My temperature and my grow room stays around 70 to 75° and the humidity stays around 58 to 65% is this acceptable temperature and humidity for an indoor plant? Does anybody have any advice or anything in the picture that needs to be brought to my attention I would greatly appreciate any help thank you noticed that my plant had three leaves, all the new growth that's came in since repotting it there are now five leaves. Does this mean anything? I've also posted pics of the packaging of all the stuff I'm using nutrients lights soil. The pictures of my plant with the purple light is the day of the repotting about 30 minutes after I put her in the new pot.

IMG_20210907_154746409.jpg

IMG_20210907_154743145.jpg

IMG_20210907_154740033.jpg

IMG_20210829_145823254.jpg

IMG_20210829_132647929.jpg

IMG_20210828_083721277.jpg

IMG_20210828_083612303.jpg

IMG_20210827_115319533.jpg

Looking good. Slight burn shows she's getting enough to eat borderline on the heavy side. The fertilizer looks like its time released? That can create some issues later on how to know what to give when but I know people do it on here. Also coco is not my wheelhouse does she look a tad thirsty? Like a bit droopy jn the last pic. Otherwise, she's alive and on her way

looks solid just do this please!!!

1-Remove soil from base to prevent possible rot

2-stop waterimg so much near the base

3- that plant looks thirsty, did you water right before photo? if not stop and wait to water til the plant is wilting/ and top 1" or 2 " of coco is dry for that size of plant

4- this plant only needs roughly 250 ml of water at a time once its dehydrated (dry wilting) to hydrate it for 24-48 hrs which is key.

did you water right before photo??

if not, your plant cant hydrate properly due to over watering/root rot causing smaller root system that can not supply the current plant

looks solid just do this please!!!

1-Remove soil from base to prevent possible rot

2-stop waterimg so much near the base

3- that plant looks thirsty

4- this plant only needs roughly 250 ml of water at a time to hydrate it for 24-48 hrs which is key.

did you water right before photo??

if not, your plant cant hydrate properly due to over watering/root rot causing smaller root system that can supply the current plant
It's coco coir.
Water every day.
Next time add perilite to your coco.
You should be using a calmag supplement, coco leaches from her.
Temp and humidity are fine, so are funky leaves.
You need more light.
Closer and better lighting.
What are your new lights?
How is your air circulation?
Is that tomato stuff your only nutrients so far?

Stay safe
Bill

I didnt look at all the photos before i posted.

Other than what i said, im not sure what strength (par/ppfd) of light your using, but regardless, for veg you want the opposite of what you got for light spectrum

you want more like 75% blue and 25% red

blue is responsible for chlorophyll development as well as keeping internodal length short

red is required more for flowering and lateral growth

Great advice use it.
It's coco coir.
Water every day.
You need more light.

Stay safe
Bill
Also next time i would do a 70/30 or 60/40 mix with the coco get some nice drainage.
And im really not a fan of tomato nutes in coco.
When she flowers i would not want r/h of 70s and higher.

Hope this helps some ;) :welcome:

coco is not the same as soil, coco is totally inert, there are zero nutes in coco to sustain a plant

plain water or plain ph adjusted water does nothing for your plant, but the way you are watering the main stem only has possibly caused the coco to become hydrophobic and to resist water. In one manner of thinking with coco you are not watering the plant but rather the entire grow media.

also most coco grows require the addition of calcium & magnesium, your tomato nutes has calcium listed but you will prolly need to add the magnesium via epsoms salt

It's coco coir.
Water every day.
You need more light.

Stay safe
Bill
I'm using bloom booster twice and two tablespoons of the tomato food 3-4 inches out around base of plant once since I repotted 27 days ago. I water twice a week. I over watered over fed once already and now I have no confidence when it comes to when and who on the nutrition and when on the water and how much. I've got so many different answers not sure which one to follow. I was wondering if my light was enuff I got only one and I'm not sure how close it needs to be to the top of my plant. It's approximately 10-13 inches from the top right now. Also I use rain water I collect in a plastic bucket to water with. Can you advise me on any of this? I would greatly appreciate any knowledge you might share. I will post new pics of plant light and info on nutrition. If I leave out anything just let me know. thank you

IMG_20210925_052358947.jpg

IMG_20210925_052402158.jpg

IMG_20210925_052125950_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210925_052616075.jpg

16325726353568152360129927464297.jpg

16325726919899108246930879818638.jpg

1632572738372211830182036988309.jpg

what kind of light and what’s the true wattage draw from the wall??
whats the purpose of next to last pic…. bucket with a little coco or soil in the bottom?

For starters…… forget everything you think you know about growing or watering a plant….. ALL of the rules have now changed because of the fact that you are growing in coco coir

Coco is not the same as soil, coco coir is totally inert - there are zero nutrients in coco to sustain a plant….. so it must be bottle fed nutrients. Coco provides a place for roots to grow but thats where the buck stops, your girl is perpetually hungry.

Coco falls into a uniques category called soilless and soilless is considered as drain to waste hydro so hydro rules apply meaning adjust ph to 5.8 …… adjusting ph is very important for coco grows, this puts the nutes in the proper range to help the plant uptake them properly, also you gotta use cal-mag with coco…. if you don’t have it then get some pronto

Plain water or plain ph adjusted water does nothing to help your plant grow in coco coir…. the plant needs feeding (mix low dose or quarter strength nutrients with your water every time) coco should not be allowed to dry out. You cannot run the wet dry cycle in coco like one does with soil

there are other concepts with coco like feed to slight runoff each time - this applies once the plant is larger the idea is deliver nutes with enough volume to wash out a small portion of the old nutes and deliver the fresh nutes…

I‘m going to tag @Bill284 also

best of luck - hang tight and we will get you sorted

I only used 1/4th coco air and rest potting soil with nutrients in it I think for cactus. I'm sorry I should of mentioned that. The last picture is bloom booster it's blue crystal looking stuff u mix with water. My light is blue and red same time no option to chose one or the other light. LED 24 inches 12 watts 120 volts. I got it 6 inches above my plant.

ok cool thats changes the game then since it’s not 100 coco. One big problem that light is way underpowered. Red & blue is ok but wattage is very low, most have switched over to white light leds. All the details matter lIke the coco and soil mix with added nutes.

Think I recall you have small area for grow room? Environment is huge too, amount of grow space, lights, temp, rh, airflow etc

weed needs high N but Lower PK in veg mode but in flower cycle it needs a little N but higher PK, yet it needs cal-mag all the way thru. This is why most off the shelf lawn & garden nutes don’t work well. It will be to your benefit to get a tried and true cannabis nute line up.

I only used 1/4th coco air and rest potting soil with nutrients in it I think for cactus. I'm sorry I should of mentioned that. The last picture is bloom booster it's blue crystal looking stuff u mix with water. My light is blue and red same time no option to chose one or the other light. LED 24 inches 12 watts 120 volts. I got it 6 inches above my plant.

I had a LED white light that was higher watts. But I had another member tell me that light wasn't effecient and I needed red and blue. I can't afford to keep switching back and forth. I have a UVA/UVB heating lamp that I can add to the light I have now if that would help? Or anything I might have around the house I could use. I had a 50$ white LED grow light I purchased at Lowe's. I took it back and purchased the LED grow light red/blue for 35$ at Walmart. I'm not sure where to find nutrients for canabis? I'm going to research what brands/kind have the nutrients you mentioned. And in the dose u recommended. Thank you I really appreciate it, I'm learning so much. I just wish I was able to have the correct set up or at least acceptable.

Oh my goodness that bites…. its ok save your money for now and keep studying here. Yes more wattage will drive bigger harvests but a girls got to eat - right? Or buy new shoes.. ha, ha.

3 most important things for growing…. great genetics, great light, great environment. The more you dial those 3 factors in the better off your plants will be. I will say for sure it’s an expensive habit to grow but an old trick to remember is buy once, cry once. Meaning spend the money 1 time for the best gear you can afford.

so take this little lesson from bonehead grower named 013….

Started with 4X4 tent and 2 of the T5 fluorescent lights, about 100 bucks for 2 fixtures. They did ok but I really wanted to up my game and produce decent bud so bought a 315 ceramic metal halide about 250 bucks worth of light. It did a fair job but still wasn’t happy so got a 600 watt hps / metal halide with digital ballast another big ka-Ching of the cash register. 600 hps did good but didn’t have great coverage in my grow space so I bought 2 of the Mars hydro SP-250 lights….

anyway done improperly it can be a constant source of upgrade so try to plan ahead and avoid my mistakes. Now the cool part is I have a 4X4 tent plus a 12 X 12 grow room so I can veg in one spot and flower in another space to run perpetual grow

study plenty of journals, look for tips on which lights, grow media and nutes most people are running, this helps tremendously.

Our sponsors have good gear…..

yo buddy, please post new pics and prune those lower bracnches that have no leaves,

branches( nodes and internodes) without leaves will take so much longer to grow the new leaves, nodes and internodes

the leaves send sugars( growth) to the nearest node above it, starting with its node and up, so since their are no leaves, itll take forever to grow and using sugars produced by the rest of the plant to grow.

these lower tiny branches may never make it to the light unless you train down your plant regualry and give them equal light til they get to the top, just get rid of them haha rant over:)

Back
Top Bottom