How long does it take to cure?

Depends on how you do it. And there are alot of different ways to do it, but the basics of it is that you want the moisture to slowly evaporate from the plant, but not too slow or you risk mold.
This is how I do it:

After cutting down,
I cut the plant into manageable sections
take the water leaves off (looks like you did this already)
dry for 6-8 days (I live in a very dry climate, that's probably pretty quick) until the stems make a snapping sound when I snap them (or at least a good bit of crackling)
manicure and separate buds, stems, and trim
jar the buds (the buds should be smokeable at this point, might be a little harsh and bendy at the point where buds connect to stems, but they should be very close to being a good consistency)
after they are jarred I burp the jars five minutes a day until they are at the cure I want (this spreads the moisture evenly through the buds so those buds will snap nicely of their stems and the longer it cures, the more the chlorophyll will break down relieving the harsh taste, it will also slowly become more "stoney" over a couple of months because of the oxidation of the THC)
After a week or two, if the buds are at were I want them to be, I only burp it once a month (but it usually is being opened daily at that point to be thoroughly enjoyed)

^^^ Good Post.... I now do a water cure, and after much experimentation use a 3 day cure, I harvest the plant, trim and insert the buds into a bucket of water for 3 days, changing the water daily, be gentle as theres trics on that bud, then hang to dry like laundry, nice and dry in 10 days average.

If I've been growing out seeds I go the traditional way as above by iwltfum

the first time you do this 3 day cure its a real shock to to see the crap that ozzes out,I'm currently making a tea outta the excess ..lol UGH!

ps you may find it easier to handle and dry quicker? if you cut little hooks into the branches, rather than hang them in bunches as you have?

Back
Top Bottom