How long seeds remain useable

XxUpInSmokExX

I have always used fresh seeds under a year old or clones and never used nutes to help the seed to sprout

I have some obtained from a friend a couple years back and wanting to know what is a definate way to tell if they are still good? they have been well sealed and stored in a cool dark place ever since i got them

I was told if I break it open and its still white its still good but if its all dry and shriveled up than it will not sprout....is this true???

please!!! opinions/facts/info is welcome

I'm getting seeds from a friend as well. I dont know much about the seeds. The only thing the kid could tell me about them was: they were from a friends outdoor plant.

I haven't heard of breaking them open to check the insides. From what I have heard is that: If a seed is dark in color that is a good thing. If the seed as turned a light color it has gone bad. Also, you should be able to squeeze the seed without it breaking. Dont try to destroy the seed, just apply a gental amount of pressure. If it stays intaked its a healthy seed.

Keep in mind this is only what I have heard from pot head friends. lol

eros, lighter means not as developed but not at all bad or unusable
black means over mature

i am not a newb, just asking this simple question because ive never used seeds with 2+ years of age

i have heard the above method from growers of 20+ years that i personally know so there must be some truth to it, i was just seeing what kind of replies i get

ive only used clone/ fresh seeds (less than year old)

hahah good to know. Like i said, that was just word of mouth from random stoners.

Hey dude, got your message. thanks a lot, i'll make sure to find some nice brown seeds. I cant send private messages yet(need 50+ posts) so i'm just responding here.

I spent all day today working on building my grow box. Its not finished yet but i mad some good progress. I'll be posting details and pics later when i get the time. Check it out when you can.

Back
Top Bottom