how many lights can i put in to a 120x120 tent

In a grow room you are looking to generate 50 watts of lighting per square foot. So if that tent equals 100sq/ft (I'm guessing that your measurements were in inches) you are going to want 5000w of light. That's alot of space for a new grower...not to mention the cost of buying/opperating the lighting. Perhaps, if you have already purchased the tent, you could divide it into a smaller area to begin with. A very common mistake with new growers is to try and jump in to deep, to quick. Gain a bit of experience, then build the big grow room.

you'll need roughly 800w of lighting to adequately cover your space. One 1k light will be more than enough...just ventilate it well and watch your temps carefully.

Southernweed has given u sound advice

i use to own a tent of that size and would go with two 400w or 600w one MH and an HPS with two lights all corners of your grow room will get covered

You could use the MH during the early stages and vegetation and turn on the HPS just before you start flowering by doing this you'll have an light spectrum closer to the sun that should produce a better end product with tighter bud formation

Make sure you have good ventilation in and out an 6 inch inline fan intake and out take should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom